Parks and Events Community Engagement Officer
Hours:Working hours will be 37 hours per week which will include both daytimes and weekends. Part-time and job share can be considered.
Salary: SK9 (£26,715 per annum)
Contract: Flexible working options available including job share, part time or full time
The Parks and Events Community Engagement Officer will provide support to the Senior Parks and Cemetery Officer who has responsibility for the Council’s Parks in Grantham - Wyndham Park, Queen Elizabeth Park and Dysart Park. Working collaboratively, they will ensure that a high standard of service is delivered in line with park management plans and will contribute towards the Council’s vision to build healthy and strong communities.
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Support the development and management plans of Grantham’s main parks – Wyndham Park, Queen Elizabeth Park and Dysart Park.
- Identify areas for self-development and address any training required.
- Support the growth and development of the volunteer network and stakeholders such as the Wyndham Park Forum, Friends of Queen Elizabeth Park, Dysart Park Action Group and Rivercare.
- Identify community groups to volunteer within the parks to ensure that the service provided is as required and to standard.
- With the support of the wider Leisure, Open Spaces and Parks Team ensure the buildings and premises are health and safety compliant and that facilities are maintained in line with the Councils wider assets.
- Provide support to retain the Green Flag accreditation currently in place for Wyndham Park, Queen Elizabeth Park and Dysart Park.
- Manage and coordinate volunteer programmes within the parks ensuring adherence to Council policies and procedures, to include the recruitment and selection of volunteers ensuring opportunities are matched to their individual skill sets.
- Identify funding opportunities to support the financial sustainability of the Council and to maximise opportunities for investment in the parks.
- Review parks key performance indicators and benchmarking with other authorities through the East Midlands Parks Forum.
- Manage the day to day running of the Wyndham Park Visitor Centre.
- Develop a programme of events to be held within each of the Council’s parks, marketing and promoting them to the public, special interest groups and the wider community.
- Ensure records are kept up to date for projects, events, volunteers, health and safety and kept in line with Council policies and procedures.
- Ensure the Council’s financial procedures are adhered to at all times in relation to the ordering of goods and services including the raising and receipting of orders, according to available budgets.
- Undertake consultations annually with the user groups of each park to record performance statistics required for the development of the parks and the associated management plans for Green Flag status and as per the requirements of the Heritage Lottery Fund.
- Dealing with any customer enquiries or complaints.
- This role is not politically restricted.