Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator
Downsell Primary School
Salary: MPS – UPS1 (depending on experience)
Contract Type: Full Time (Part Time will be considered)
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing date: 2nd June 2023
Start Date: September 2023 or sooner (can be negotiated)
Interview: W/C 5th/12th June - Early application is advised as the school reserve a right to close the advertisement once a suitable candidate is found.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a confident and inspiring leader who is passionate about Inclusion? We are seeking to appoint a passionate, dynamic and inspirational SENDCO to work with our school community. We are offering the unique opportunity to join us as a SENDCO to lead, develop and support effective practice for pupils with particular learning needs to ensure these are addressed in the most effective way.
You will be responsible for the strategic direction and development of Inclusion across the school. Through playing a leading role in maintaining and developing the whole school’s culture and ethos of inclusion, you will provide strategies to support pupils with a variety of needs to meet the school’s aspirational expectations. This unique role will involve a teaching commitment along with release for the SENDCO role. There is the option to obtain the SENDCO qualification and to work alongside an experienced SENDCO whilst you get to know the school and develop your skills.
The role will involve monitoring the impact of teaching and learning activities on the progress made by pupils with SEND, EAL as well as teaching responsibilities.
The successful candidate will join a creative, vibrant and supportive team of leaders and colleagues with excellent educational standards.
Our new SENDCO will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (Primary or Secondary trained).
- Qualified to degree level.
- Recent experience working as SENDCo/Inclusion Leader/SEN Teacher
- Commitments to helping all pupils reach their full potential.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other professionals.
- Ability to plan and design exciting and engaging lessons and schemes of work.
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum and the SEN Code of Practice
- An understanding of how to set high standards and aspirations as well as the commitment to relentlessly maintaining these.
- Able to think creatively and practically when trying to achieve an objective.
- Excellent communication skills.
We can offer:
- A creative, welcoming and supportive team
- Enthusiastic, well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn
- Hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues
- A well informed and supportive Governing Body who are committed to the development of all staff
- Supportive parents with high aspirations of children and our school
- Staff Benefits
- Occupational Sickness Pay
- Family Friendly Policies and Procedure
- Tax free bike schemes
- Benefits scheme: Sodexo
- Leisure Centre Discount (Better Leisure Centre)
- Employee Credit Union
- Private Medical Care
Visits to the school are essential and can be arranged by contacting the school office on 020 85560103.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening, including checks with past employers and the DBS. References will be taken up before interviews are offered.
Deena Chetty (Headteacher)
Telephone: 020 85560103