Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher the Governing Board is seeking to appoint a new Headteacher to Middlewich Primary School, Middlewich. We believe that this is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual who shares our vision of excellence and is committed to providing a high quality, broad and enriching educational experience for all pupils.
The position is required from 1st January 2024. This is a full-time, permanent role, on the scale L17-L24. The salary starting point will be agreed upon appointment.
Who we are:
Middlewich Primary School is situated in Middlewich, in the heart of Cheshire. We are a Group 3 school, with 404 pupils on role. The school is two-form entry with a small resource provision for children with hearing impairment, a thriving breakfast club and afterschool activities.
We are a proud community school, which is well regarded in the local area. We consistently strive for educational excellence and are ambitious for all our pupils. We have a nurturing and inclusive ethos and provide excellent pastoral support for families, working together with the local community to ensure the best for our children.
We are looking for a leader who will take us to the next step in ensuring we offer a broad curriculum and provide a wide range of balanced learning opportunities for our pupils and members of staff. The governors are mindful that in achieving this they respect the work life balance of all members of the school community.
For a virtual tour and more information on the school please visit: http://www.middlewichprimary.org
We are looking for a Headteacher who has:
• Energy and vision to develop the school’s present academic achievements.
• Commitment to education based on the school’s ethos and principles.
• Experience and ability to develop excellent school management which will ensure continuing staff development, sound governance and effective budget control.
• Proven leadership skills with which to motivate and inspire our children, staff, and community.
What we can offer you:
• An inclusive, progressive school with a track record of strong academic success.
• A high standard of teaching and learning, supplemented by a variety of extra-curricular and enrichment opportunities.
• A dedicated, committed, and caring team of practitioners.
• A happy, friendly, and hardworking group of children who are proud of their school.
• An engaged, supportive, and proactive Board of Governors, parent body and vibrant PTFA.
How to apply:
Application forms and further details can be obtained from and returned to: The School Governance
Team, 5th Floor, Delamere House, Delamere Street, Crewe, CW1 2LL. If electronic copies of these documents are required, please obtain them from the School Governance Team to ensure compliance with recruitment procedures.
Telephone: 0300 123 5036. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should complete the application form and return it to email@example.com so that it arrives no later than 1pm on Monday 5th June 2023.
You should provide a full statement in support of your application, and this should not exceed two sides of A4 paper minimum font size 10. Please do not restate the factual details already included elsewhere on the application form.
Advert closing date: 1pm on Monday 5th June 2023
Applicant visits to the school: Tuesday 16th May 2023 2pm – 6pm or Wednesday 24th May 2023 9am – 12.30pm
Please contact the school to arrange:
Tel no – 01606 652321
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting: Monday 12th June 2023
Activities Day: Thursday 22nd June 2023
Interview Day: Friday 23rd June 2023
The successful applicant will be subject to the conditions of employment for Headteachers contained in the current School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document 2022 and other current education and employment legislation.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers, and external agencies to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.