Social Worker - Transfer of Care Team
Are you looking for a new exciting and challenging career opportunity? Are you a Social Worker looking for change? If you are adaptable, up for a challenge and keen to test yourself in a fast moving and pressurised environment, then this could be the social care role for you.
We are looking for Social Workers to join us in our Transfer of Care Teams. We provide support to adults being discharged from hospitals and rehabilitation setting. You will be imaginative and dynamic and make a positive contribution to delivering good outcomes for people who have care and support needs. You will be a person-centred practitioner with excellent communication skills and to be able work within a multidisciplinary setting.
The Transfer of Care Teams operate within specific office hours, but that does not mean we will not consider flexible working opportunities. Our staff work 1 day of 1 weekend per month plus 3 bank holidays throughout the year, and in return we will offer you an enhancement on your salary. You will still only work 5 days per week (full-time), meaning you get a day off during the week that you’re working at the weekend and Bank Holiday.
We’ve changed a lot but one thing’s for sure, we still love Social Workers. Join us and be part of an authority that has accepted the challenge to constantly improve.
While this is a fast-paced and highly demanding job, our team offers excellent support from both colleagues and managers, and opportunities to develop your knowledge. We are able to balance the work that needs to be done and what can we do to support you to keep on top of your workload.
We are looking for exceptional Social Workers to join us on our journey. We have a range of Teams and locations available so apply or get in touch with us today by calling Nathalie on 01223 699263. Alternatively, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for more information.
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don't wait for the closing date to apply, we want to speak to you now!
We know that your time is precious, so our interviews are generally held virtually, by Microsoft Teams, to provide the most flexible recruitment process. We may include a virtual assessment as part of this, but we’ll give you all of the relevant information ahead of time.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.Our benefits
We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to free support 24 hours a day
- Payment for business mileage expenses (45p per mile, and for the 2022/2023 financial year an additional fuel allowance for those driving over 300 business miles each month)
- Scalable retention payments to loyal social workers in specific teams after the first full year of employment, starting at £900 which increases during the first three years of service
- A relocation package of up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Our Transfer of Care Teams also have a 7% salary enhancement!
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information.About you
We're looking for confident and dynamic individuals who enjoy making a difference in their local community, are curious and spot things that others might not see, enjoys building relationships and likes to explore possibilities.
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description and Person Specification.About us
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.