ASC Compliance Lead
We are looking for an experienced Compliance Lead to work within our Adult Social Care Quality Assurance Team. This role is key to the success and sustainability of locally commissioned provider services. The role will lead on a program of work which focuses on compliance, improvements to quality of care and development of the provider sector. If you have experience of undertaking QA visits and resolving issues, along with conducting investigations…….we want to hear from you!
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of working in a Quality Assurance and/or within a regulatory role for the provider sector
- Experience of delivering service improvement strategies
- Understand the role of Commissioning, contracting, safeguarding and QA in Health and Social Care
- You can work within strict contract procedures and protocols
- You are able to challenge and deliver clear, concise instructions
About the role…
To be successful as the ASC Compliance Lead your duties will include:
- To lead on providing assurance of the provision of effective local commissioned care services by driving service improvement, quality assurance and contract compliance.
- To oversee, maintain and improve performance by monitoring and evaluating local independent sector commissioned care services against the CQC single assessment framework, and local quality standards through formal contract monitoring and structured professional support.
- To work in partnership with local health partners and the voluntary sector on improvements to service provision and local developments contributing to service improvement.
- To lead on driving improvements in working relationships between operational staff across ASC and Service Providers.
- To lead provider sector compliance for Safeguarding alerts and enquiries and to propose viable solutions for service improvements which lower the risk of harm to adults.
Please note you will require a full driving licence to enable you to travel around the county.
Please note that the grade and salary are currently being evaluated but it is predicted to be set as listed above.
The successful ASC Compliance Lead will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The costs for the DBS are paid by us.
Please be advised this could be subject to change, in which case we will give appropriate notice.
We will be reviewing applications on a regular basis and inviting those who meet our essential person specification criteria to interview. If you’re interested in this role, we strongly encourage you to apply without delay.
Whilst the base for this post is Oakham, Rutland, the Local Authority offers a hybrid working practice. As well as working from home, we feel it is important that you have the opportunity to spend time in the workplace with your colleagues to help you learn, develop and engage.
Our offer to you:
Rutland Council is committed to Flexible Working and understands the benefits of supporting employees to manage their work and life balance, whilst meeting the needs of the service.
We are committed to supporting and empowering our staff to be the best workers that they can be, and Rutland Council is the place you want to be. Our benefits go beyond the salary – being part of a great team, excellent Local Government Pension, generous annual leave, opportunities to learn and develop your career, and a demonstrable commitment to supporting the health and wellbeing of our staff.
How to Apply
To apply for this role click on the ‘Apply Online’ button below. If you already have a JGP account you will be asked to login, or alternatively if you don’t have an account you will be guided through the set up process.
Access to an account is necessary as all updates regarding your application will be sent via the JGP site to the email you have registered.
Once you have access to your JGP account you will be able to complete the application form in stages, saving and amending it until you are happy to the submit your completed application. You should use the Personal Statement section to demonstrate how you meet the requirements set out in the role profile attached.
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758401 or email us at email@example.com