Director - Place
Please note, the recruitment for this role is being administered by the Local Government Association.
About Local Partnerships
Local Partnerships is a not-for-profit consultancy, proud to be working within the public sector on complex projects such as homelessness / climate / health & social care / energy / infrastructure / waste – and many others!
Our teams offer extensive technical, commercial and procurement experience gained across public and private sector environments. We use this experience to help our clients solve complex issues, plan strategies, manage programmes effectively and help them to deliver proposals successfully. What we do matters to your community!
Read up on some of the amazing projects we are working on by clicking the link: Impact report 2021-22 - Local Partnerships
About the role
Local Partnerships is seeking a Director within its Place division to support the successful delivery of major capital regeneration programmes and initiatives relating to people-based services, within agreed time, cost and quality constraints. Read more about our achievements here: Our Expertise - Local Partnerships
Directors are assigned to a team within one of our Business Units. Each team is headed by a Senior Director. While every assignment is different, Directors typically bring their professional expertise and project management skills to bear on complex projects and problems and ensure the Local Partnerships’ quality standards are met in completing the assignment on time and budget.
Directors need to understand decision-making in the public sector, including the role of elected politicians, in addition to their professional expertise. Almost all assignments involve preparing reports containing complex written and analytical information for the client, so excellent communications skills are vital. Knowledge transfer to the client is a key part of the role.
Directors may be based anywhere in the UK. They will need to travel to clients’ offices across England and Wales.
- Extensive experience in either :
- the successful delivery of major capital regeneration programmes (such as housing, transport, infrastructure, or town centre regeneration); or
- the successful delivery of significant initiatives relating to relevant people-based services (such as homelessness, housing management, health, or social care).
- An excellent understanding of policy and issues facing local government in the delivery of plans and projects relating to one or more relevant areas, such as housing, regeneration, infrastructure, transport, health, and social care.
- Extensive experience advising procuring authorities (at senior and contract management level) of contractual, commercial and operational issues
- Detailed knowledge of government (local and central) procurement methods and contracts, strategic and commercial management, outsourcing, governance issues and change management
- Substantial experience of working on high profile complex projects with a track record of effective delivery
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills including the ability to deliver solutions that meet collective needs and communicate in a variety of different ways
- Able to specify, create and manage effective teams within organisational structures to deliver projects and commissions
- Personal values and integrity compatible with operating with public sector clients, including a commitment to valuing diversity and challenging discrimination
To apply, please click the link below.
Closing Date: 5pm, 9 June 2023
Interview dates: w/c 12 June 2023
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, transgender identity, religion or belief.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.