Senior Play Worker
Southwark is a large, ambitious and progressive council with a ‘can do’ attitude and enviable reputation. As a Council, we are successful, passionate and forward-thinking. We are committed to our ‘Fairer Futures for All’ promise which ensures that our residents and businesses are central to everything we do. If you want to make a difference at a local level, apply to Southwark Council today.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our dedicated adventure play service. We are seeking candidates for the above role with an appropriate blend of industry experience, personal skill sets, drive, and ambition to help deliver Southwark’s fair and future promises and commitment to improving the health and well-being of all its residents through play-related activities.
We are one of London’s most diverse, vibrant, and exciting Boroughs with a growing population and significant regeneration underway which is transforming London’s south bank. The Council has high levels of customer satisfaction and five bespoke adventure play facilities across Southwark. The authority has a unique approach to the wider health agenda and promoting healthy lifestyles and provides a free swim and gym offer for all our residents.
Corporate business plan priorities currently include a focus on children’s play and making nature more accessible to all.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and committed to providing high-quality public services. You will be able to supervise a small team, be a collaborative team player, and be keen to play your part to shape the future direction of the service.
- Experience working with and supervising groups of children from various backgrounds - Aged 8- 15.
- Experience supervising groups of children in a play environment.
- -An ability to arrange and schedule bespoke school holiday activity programs.
- Knowledge of play-related health &safety, risk assessments, and site inspection requirements.
- Experience in working and liaising with contractors carrying out building or play equipment-related repairs.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with key stakeholders, partners and community organizations.
- Computer literacy and ability to use Microsoft office.
This is an exciting opportunity for a capable, ambitious, and energetic team player who is keen to deliver excellent services for children and young people in Southwark.
- Part-Time 30 hours per week over 5 days.
- Qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalent experience of playwork.
- You will be required to work during the day over the school holidays.
- DBS check is required.
Benefits and More Information:
Interviews: 26 June 2023.
We are an organisation who is passionate about our people and understands that richness of diversity is a requirement to provide the best possible services to our communities. This is demonstrated through our council-wide ambitious commitment to tackle racial inequality in our communities and workforce through our Southwark Stands Together initiative. We particularly welcome applications from members of the Black, Asian and ethnic minority communities to increase representation at senior management level in the Council.