Team Manager – Mental Health Support Team
Location - 91 Ray Lodge Road, Woodford Green, IG8 7PG
Full Time – Fixed Term up to December 2025
Redbridge Mental Health Support Team (MHST) within the Local Authority Educational Psychology Service (EPS) is expanding and aiming to recruit a new Team Manager.
What is an MHST?
MHSTs are a national initiative in response to the Government’s plans to transform children and young people’s mental health provision.
MHSTs have three core functions:
- Delivering evidence-based interventions for children and young people with mild-moderate mental health difficulties
- Supporting the senior mental health lead in the delivery of their whole school/college approach
- Giving timely advice to school and college staff and signposting to external specialist services
In Redbridge we believe that we are an innovative service that responds directly to our local needs. Our MHST sits within a well-established team of Educational Psychologists (EPs) who are committed to achieving positive outcomes for children and young people in diverse and often challenging situations. Our MHST offers a consultation model of service delivery which values a systemic and relational approach. We are a dynamic, friendly, and supportive team who meet regularly to share practice and enable whole team development. Within the EPS our MHST works alongside Redbridge Educational Well-Being Team (REWT) a creative and well-regarded team providing universal whole school support to our schools.
This is a fantastic opportunity for applicants who are passionate about enhancing early intervention around children and young people’s mental health. The main duties of the team lead involves:
- facilitating the establishment and management the MHST team at an operational level
- offering supervision and line management within the MHST
- working at a borough wide level to enhance the early intervention mental health support for Children and Young People in Redbridge.
- To oversee the formulation and intervention plans for schools, parents, children and young people being supported by the MHST using a range of specialist psychological knowledge and interventions appropriate to the service, including the initiation, development and implementation of new responses to changing needs within Redbridge.
- To take a lead in monitoring clinical outcomes and activity data from the team.
- To contribute to the development, evaluation and monitoring of the team’s operational policies and services, through the deployment of professional skills in research, service evaluation and audit.
Applicants will have the opportunity to undertake the one year Post Graduate Diploma in leadership at a London University alongside the role.
Applicants must be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
For informal inquiries please contact MHST Co-ordinator Dr Ann-Marie Cryan at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role, please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk/jobs
All short-listed applicants will need to demonstrate proof of right to work in the UK. At the London Borough of Redbridge, we receive a high volume of great-quality applicants, we therefore may close a vacancy earlier than advertised. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment and welcome applications from qualified applicants regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, colour, race, religion, or belief.