Lunchtime Controller - Kennet Valley Primary School
We have a vacancy for a Lunchtime Controller for 1 hour each day, 5 days a week (5 hours per week - term time contract) starting as soon as possible.
You would normally work between 12.00pm and 1.00pm,
Monday to Friday, in term time only with regular team meetings as arranged.
If you enjoy looking after children and would like to work in a school, this could be the job for you!
As a school lunchtime controller, your tasks during the meal include:
- helping children, for example with cutting up food
- encouraging good table manners
- maintaining order and good behavior
After the meal you will:
- supervise children in the playground (or in the hall or classroom in wet weather)
- intervene with any dangerous behaviour
- deal with any quarrels
- comfort children who are upset
- deal with minor injuries such as cuts, grazes and bruises
- organize, facilitate and play inclusive games.
- your job will involve a lot of standing and walking, both inside the school and outdoors in the playground, often in cold weather.
To be a lunchtime controller you should:
- enjoy working with children and be able to control and supervise them
- be patient
- be able to stay calm in an emergency
- have good communication skills
- have a reasonable level of fitness
- be able to work as part of a team.
- basic first aid would be beneficial or a willingness to undertake this training
Please contact the office on 0118 941 4410 to make an appointment or request an application pack.
Visit the school website for more information https://kennetvalley-westberks.secure-dbprimary.com or email - email@example.com
Interviews: On application
Kennet Valley Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment and is in line with the guidance in KCSIE.
All shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a criminal records self-disclosure form. Successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks including online searches.
We shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our workforce and in service delivery.