Deputy School Business Manager (Admin/Organisational Support Role D)
Paid weeks per year: 47.15 (inclusive of holiday entitlement)
28 hours per week, term time only*
Start date: September 2023
The Governors wish to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Deputy School Business Manager to provide additional support for our existing School Business Manager. The role will be working across both Hove Junior School and West Hove Infant School.
Once in post, full training will be given and this will be a brilliant opportunity to develop into a School Business Manager role alongside an experienced SBM. Working previously in a school would be advantageous.
About the role
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Financial management – assisting the SBM with budget planning, monitoring and reporting
- Human resources – recruitment, payroll, absence and general HR issues in school
- Compliance – data protection, statutory policies and risk assessments
- Administration – SIMS, FMS, Arbor. Experience of these applications would be desirable but not essential
- Income generation – grant applications, exploring fundraising opportunities, maximizing school lettings potential
*Flexible working patterns will be considered according to the needs of the school.
For further information or an informal chat, please contact Sarah Shaw, School Business Manager.
Closing date: 7th June
Interview date: 13th June
How to Apply: Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school office: Portland Road, Hove, BN3 5JA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01273 916609
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.