The brand new West Northamptonshire Council is entering its second year of operation as a large unitary authority. The Procurement and Contract Governance team play a pivotal and strategic role supporting all service areas with the many existing and new contracts with suppliers developing in West Northants area (Daventry, South Northants and Northampton) following recent growth and investment..
This is a flexible working role offering predominant working remotely with MS Teams for the majority of meetings and the team coming together in the office once week. Hours are also flexible and you will quickly notice the co-operative team togetherness of this team as well as the customers.Our benefits
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 27 days annual leave per year, 28 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
The council is in the process of implementing a new pay structure and terms and conditions which will be applicable to this role. The outcome could result in a future variation to the advertised salary, and this will be discussed at interview.What will you be doing?
You will work within a new and close Procurement & Contracts Governance team split into 3 wide service areas. This role supports the Place and Economy area supporting staff requiring procurements in their areas such as Transport, FM, Construction and more.
Reporting to the Procurement Business Partner, we are looking for a Procurement Manger who will pick up procurements from our pipeline of contracts and lead their customers from start to finish on various public procurements for goods, services and works.About you
We have the tools and templates and support from a close knit team to support you but you must know your Public Procurement Regulations 2015 to be able to advertise and award a tender processes, moderate evaluations and advise stakeholders on procurement process and best practice in the public sector.
Working knowledge of e-procurement tendering/RFQ systems such as Intend or similar is also needed.
See job description for more information.
We're a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we're embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is 'to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive'. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
At West Northants Council, it's about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.