Positive Action Partnership Manager
Following significant investment, the Liverpool City Region has established a Race Equality Hub to address the significant inequalities experienced by Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities and bring about improved racial diversity across public, private and 3rd sector businesses and organisations. This represents an ambitious, exciting and innovative approach to how race equality will be achieved and builds upon the city region’s reputation for social justice and equality.
The Hub has been set the ambitious task of closing employment gaps between Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic residents of the LCR and their white counterparts, and will create over 1,500 new jobs, provide training and support to over 400 businesses, and give direct support to individuals to become job-ready or develop their careers. The Hub will also provide advice for minority ethnic entrepreneurs and business owners who want to establish and grow businesses, and guidance for mainstream businesses to diversify their workforces and implement positive action schemes.
We are hiring a Positive Action Partnership Manager who will lead implementing positive action schemes to tackle racial inequality and develop job and career pathways for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Groups.
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate individual to make a real change in their community and will help drive the creation of a more equitable society, by developing a strategic vision, and to lead its operational implementation.
Key Role and Responsibilities
· Develop a new approach to implementing positive action schemes to tackle racial inequality within the Liverpool City Region (LCR) employment landscape
· Work with growth sector boards, employers, FE providers to identify, implement and support positive action programmes that will provide pathways into a range of job and career opportunities for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic residents
· Development and maintenance of meaningful partnerships and good relations with a range of employers and stakeholders including schools, FE colleges, universities and within communities that will enable minority ethnic groups and individuals to progress into apprenticeship, graduate, and leadership roles
Required skills and Knowledge
· Understanding of and/or appreciation of the historical and contemporary barriers in employment and skills experienced by Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities within the Liverpool City Region and their implications.
· Lived experience and knowledge of the specific challenges faced by Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities within the employment and skills landscape
· Understanding of the legal framework supporting race equality, positive action and good practice in relation to employment
· Experience of developing and maintaining effective employer networks
· Experience of providing effective support for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups to progress into employment and training opportunities
· Experience of and success on effective development and implementation of positive action schemes or similar.
What we can offer you
· Local Government Pension Scheme contributions between 5.5% and 12.5%
· Generous holiday entitlement of 29 days as well as bank holidays and the option to buy 5 additional days
· Free travel around Liverpool City Region with an All-Zone Metro card worth £1,450 per year plus All Zones Off Peak Trio ticket for your spouse or partner
· Flexible and hybrid working with role dependent overtime and enhanced pay
· 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family and Free counselling services
· Corporate discounts at council-owned gyms
· Bike to Work Scheme
· Coaching, mentoring, apprenticeships, and professional qualifications including paid membership fees and even a £1k interest free learning loan for any non-job-related learning
If you think you match the job description and our values then click on the link to apply, indicating how you meet the person specification.
We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for all candidates who met the essential criteria in the job description and who have declared that they: have a disability, are from a Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnical background, are a member of a reservist or have close family links to a member of the Armed Forces as we are under-represented by people from these communities.
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.