Herts FullStop have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Buyer/Assistant Buying to join our FMCG business specifically set up to service the education sector.
This role is within Catering, ICT, Electrical & Whiteboards, growth categories with a diverse and challenging product portfolio.
A fantastic opportunity to take ownership of some key categories within Herts Full Stop and to make a positive impact by making them your own.
The role involves establishing and maintaining effective and proper procurement processes for the products within their portfolio, including Contract Management and Catalogue Production.
As a Buyer, you will work collaboratively with suppliers and with internal stakeholders to deliver strong product ranges, sales, pricing and category growth.
You will have the opportunity to develop and implement your own category strategies within this role.
- Previous experience working as a Buyer or an Assistant Buyer looking for progression.
- Demonstrate good commercial knowledge, expertise and understanding of purchasing are key to the success of the role
- Demonstrate good negotiating skills
- Can challenge stakeholders regarding working practices and how processes are managed.
- Ability to work autonomously & experience in using own initiative to identify areas for improvement and undertaking best practice by independently seeing implementation through to successful conclusion.
- Can demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Sound market knowledge,
- Being able to use Excel is essential.
If you are currently working as a buyer or as an assistant buyer and looking for the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you
Closing Date: 29/05/23
Interview Date: Week Commencing 5th June 2023
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Louise.email@example.com / 01707 292431