Social Work Opportunities - Runnymede
We currently have the following vacancies in our Runnymede Locality Team:
- 2 x full-time permanent Social Workers (part-time applications will also be considered), with a starting salary of £37,570 -£40,146 per annum based on a 36-hour working week (pro-rata for part-time hours).
- 1 x full-time fixed-term/ secondment Senior Social Worker (until 31st August 2023 to cover maternity leave), with a starting salary of £42,591- £45,519 per annum based on a 36-hour working week.
Applications from newly-qualified social workers will also be considered, with a starting salary of £33,796 per annum.
This friendly and supportive team is based at Runnymede Borough Council, Civic Centre, Station Road, Addlestone, KT15 2AH and is located very close to local amenities including cafes, banks and a gym with a multi-storey car park.
Surrey County Council offer a generous benefits package in addition to competitive salaries for Social Worker roles:
- 26 days holiday, with the opportunity to buy additional leave if required
- Flexible / agile working to help with balancing work and home
- Training and Development including a structured Induction Programme
- Relocation assistance of up to £8000 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme (with a focus on wellbeing)
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information
In your application, we would love to hear about your;
- Professional qualification in Social Work and current registration with Social Work England
- Safeguarding knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of current legislation, including the Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act and its application to practice in a social care setting
- Experience in carrying out safeguarding enquiries, carrying out assessments within the community and working with a diverse group of individuals and partner agencies
- Commitment to your own professional development
At Surrey, we are proud to be leading the way in implementing new ways of working in personalisation and a recovery-focused strength-based approach. Our goal is for our service-users to be able to be more in control of their care, making informed choices and being active citizens in their community.
For Senior Social Worker roles, please note substantial post qualification professional experience would also be required as well as experience of providing professional supervision (support and training will be provided).
Applicants must hold a valid Driving Licence to drive in the UK and have access to a car.
As part of our greener future strategies and our commitment to creating a healthy work-life balance, we welcome a conversation with you regarding our remote working options. Remote working to us is a balance of spending time in our communities, our offices and working remotely from home or wherever works best.
At Surrey we work together openly and honestly to provide our residents with an excellent service that is inclusive and respectful of all. We offer a wide range of benefits that allow you to develop within your career without having to sacrifice your work/life balance.
You can read more about our benefits, vision and values on our website by clicking apply.
The closing date for this advert is 9th July 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a first come first served basis and we will contact you if you have been shortlisted for interview.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Radoslav Bashev on 01932 794800.
We look forward to receiving your application and personal statement, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Please confirm which position you are applying for when you submit your application.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.