Network & Telephony Lead
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Information Technology (IT) Team for an enthusiastic, experienced, and customer focussed Network & Telephony Lead. You will be responsible for supporting, managing, and maintaining the council’s wide area, local and wireless networks along with the critical telephony infrastructure.
To be successful in this role you need to have strong troubleshooting, analytical and communication skills along with an excellent technical skillset and proven practical experience in designing, administrating, configuring, and supporting network & telephony infrastructure.
The Council is in the process of refreshing it’s critical infrastructure. The wide area network is the main focus with a new SD-WAN solution currently being considered and this role will be pivotal in the successful implementation and delivery of the new solution.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities: -
- Responsible for the effective operation of The Council’s network & telephony environments
- Deliver effective operational service whilst ensuring IT service management processes are adhered to including, incident, change, problem, capacity and availability management
- Support the design, implementation and documentation of cloud based IT services for the Council including SD-WAN, IaaS, PaaS services
- Take a strategic view of The Council’s overall network and telephony architecture
- Ensure the Council’s network & telephony solutions are secure by design
Skills, Knowledge & Experience: -
- Network Design & Architecture
- WAN/SD-WAN technologies & configuration
- Switching & Routing, OSPF, Static routing, Subnetting, VLAN, Spanning tree protocol, HSRP, VRRP
- VPN configurations, IPSEC, SSL, Site to site VPN
- Firewall operation – e.g. NAT, ACL, IDS, IPS
- Storage area networks & SAN Configuration
- Wireless Technologies
- Configuration & support of MS Teams Telephony & Ribbon SBC’s
- Contract Management
For more information about the role please contact; James Bull via email James.Bull@wokingham.gov.uk
Closing date: 9th June 2023, 11pm
Interview date: TBC
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer