Social Workers and Senior Social Workers - Transition Team
Our Social Worker role has a starting salary between £37,570 - £40,146 per annum based on 36 hours working week.
Our Senior Social Worker role has a starting salary between £42,591 - £45,519 per annum based on 36 hours working week.
"Seeing young people thrive, seeing them move from children's services to adult services and have a life of their own, is amazing and rewarding" - Annet Nassuna, Assistant Team Manager
This role is incredibly rewarding and we are confident that, with strong support from your team, your career will go from strength to strength. You will end each day with the satisfaction that you are making a difference, ensuring no one is left behind.
How we support you to have a great work-life balance
- 26 days holiday rising to 28 days after 2 years' service with the option to buy up to 10 additional days pro rata
- We promote an agile approach to work, a balance of spending time in our communities, our offices and working remotely from home or wherever works best.
- Extensive Training and Development continuously throughout your service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A competitive local government pension scheme
- A car lease scheme and many more discounted lifestyle benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information
If you are going for the Social Worker role, we just need to know that you have completed your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) and be registered with Social Work England.
If you are going for the Senior Social Worker role, we would like to hear about your substantial post-qualification professional experience as a Social Worker and your experience of providing professional supervision.
In addition to the above, we would also love to hear about;
- Your understanding and experience of working in a strengths-based approach.
- Your knowledge and experience of current legislation such as The Care Act and The Mental Capacity Act.
- Your experience of undertaking safeguarding enquiries and examples of you using your professional judgement in complex situations.
About the Role
The Transition Team, with offices based in Woking and Redhill, is a countywide service for young people aged between 14 and 25. We aim to give them the confidence and environment to control their life outcomes and aspirational goals that will support them into employment pathways, independent living and meaningful occupation.
As a Social Worker or Senior Social Worker in Surrey you will work across various unique projects that ensure our valued service users have the opportunity to enjoy a home of their own, an environment in which they are supported to live a health & meaningful lifestyle.
The closing date for this role is 30/06/2023, although applications will be reviewed, and appointments made, on an on-going basis.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Jessica Peskett, Management Team Coordinator, by telephone on 07966 283 752 or by email at , who can answer any questions you may have or put you in touch with a Team Member.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.