Revenue Officer (Recovery)
Revenue Recovery Officer
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Revenue Recovery Officer to join our busy Revenues team on a fixed 2-year contract.
We will be offering a salary between £21,029 to £33,087 per annum, dependent on experience. In addition to the salary, the successful candidate will qualify for a flexible benefit ranging between £1,700 to £1,881.
Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that frequent time is spent in the Woking Civic Office and at Court, however Woking Borough Council does offer hybrid working on the days the successful candidate is not required on site.
The main duties of the role include:
- Processing Council Tax and Business Rates queries.
- Awarding discounts and exemptions on Council Tax accounts, where relevant.
- Awarding reliefs on Business Rates accounts, where relevant.
- Ensure Council Tax and/or Business Rates liability is correct on an account before commencing recovery.
- Represent and support the Council with Council Tax and/or Business Rates recovery appointments.
- Ensure the recovery cycle is followed and completed for all stages of recovery, including post-liability order action.
- Ensure that the Council’s recovery policy is adhered to.
- Process and monitor post-liability order action: bailiff referrals and reviews, insolvency, charging orders, and other actions, as required.
- Represent and support the Council at court, including liability order hearings.
- Liaise with external bodies such as bailiffs, bankruptcy solicitors, and/or insolvency practitioners, as required.
- Deal promptly and courteously with all forms of communication with the public, in accordance with the Council’s Customer Care Code and other agreed guidelines.
- Any other duties at a level appropriate to the post, as requested by the Revenues Team Manager or Senior Recovery Officer.
The successful candidate should meet the above criteria whilst being flexible and adaptable.
The salary offered will be reflective of qualifications and experience.
The Council offers in return 23 days annual leave (which increases with continuous service), a generous flexi time scheme with the ability to take two flexi days per month, membership of the local government pension scheme, discounted health and leisure membership, plus many more excellent benefits.
For more information on what it’s like to work for Woking, please click here Working for Woking | Woking Borough Council
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact either Alicea Van Der Ryst (Senior Recovery Officer) on 01483 743224 or Terry Stocks (Revenues Team Manager) 01483 743231.
Closing date: Sunday 4th June 2023.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday, 13th of June 2023.