Turnaround Programme Coordinator, Youth Offending Service
Turnaround is a Ministry of Justice funded programme until the end of 2024/25. Turnaround is about early intervention and targeted support for children and this programme provides a fantastic opportunity to strengthen the prevention work within Birmingham YOS.
The overall aims of the Turnaround programme are to:
- achieve positive outcomes for children with the aim of preventing them going on to offend.
- build on work already done to ensure all children on the cusp of the youth justice system are consistently offered a needs assessment and the opportunity for support.
- improve the socio-emotional, mental health and wellbeing of children; and
- improve the integration and partnership working between YOTs and other statutory services to support children.
Birmingham Youth Offending Service is in the middle of an exciting and extensive modernisation programme with a clear goal to become the sector leading youth justice service. We are creating a progressive, creative, energetic, and inspiring Service that is equipped to understand and reduce offending behaviour amongst children and we are looking for the right people to help us to achieve this.
We are truly committed to preventing offending by children and as the Turnaround Coordinator and Turnaround Prevention Officers, you will form part of the Services Prevention Team.
You are the right person if you:
- can see beyond the offence and see the child
- want to tackle head on disproportionality and inequality across youth justice
- believe that behaviour is a form of communication and offending is symptomatic of children’s experiences
- are committed to hearing the voice of the child, their families/carers and their victims and bringing this into the centre of what we do
- want to work with children and families to build on their strengths and promote a childhood removed from the justice system
- Value partnership and collaborative working
To deliver Turnround effectively, we recognise that we need dedicated resource, and this programme brings several opportunities for the right people:
As our Turnaround Co-ordinator, you will play a significant role in the development, delivery, oversight, and monitoring of the programme. You will lead in the development of referral pathways and ensure that Birmingham YOS is able to fulfil its responsibilities under this programme.
As our Turnaround Prevention Officers, you will work directly with children and families. You will assess, plan, review, and support by working alongside to achieve positive outcomes.
There is nothing more fulfilling and rewarding than knowing that you have helped a child but if that is not enough, then these vacancies also come with:
- Competitive rewards, including salary
- Generous Annual Leave allocation
- Various additional employee benefits
- Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A commitment to your personal learning and development
- Excellent career progression opportunities
To find out more about 'Our Offer' to you, please click HERE
Employer: Birmingham Children's Trust
Salary: Turnaround Coordinator - GR5 - £38,296 - £46,549
Location: Birmingham (various locations)
Contract: Fixed term until 31st March 2025
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 36.5 hours per week
Come and join us on our journey and help achieve the best outcomes for the children of Birmingham.
Closing Date for all positions is midnight Sunday 2nd April 2023 with interviews expected:
Week Commencing 24th April 2023 Programme Coordinator
If you are interested in having a conversation about any of our vacancies, please contact BirminghamYOS@birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk and let us know what role you would like to discuss further. A member of the Senior Leadership Team will be in touch
How to Apply
Please click Apply Online below to complete your application form.