Assistant Team Manager
The salary range for this role is £46,634 per annum based on a 36-hour working week.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within our Royal Surrey County Hospital Team. Promoting choice and control is at the heart of everything we do.
At Surrey, we are proud to be leading the way in implementing new ways of working in personalisation and a recovery-focused strength-based approach.
What we can offer you;
- Annual Leave - with the opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional annual leave
- Agile working opportunities - your work/life balance is important to us!
- Training and Development - Superb opportunities for development including a Readiness Programme, Preceptorship, Structured Induction Programme
- A supportive, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits
In your application, we would love to hear about your;
- Post qualification experience, including some management experience in a social care setting
- Effective knowledge of safeguarding vulnerable adults' procedures and be able to evidence this
- Competent IT skills and willingness to learn to use a variety of software systems
- Evidence of providing effective professional supervision to less experienced colleagues
- Applicants must hold a valid Driving Licence and have access to a car
About the role
We are looking for an Assistant Team Manager who will be able to demonstrate a high level of understanding and commitment to the personalisation agenda. You will have an applied knowledge of Adult Social Care legislation including the Mental Capacity Act and the NHS Continuing Healthcare National Framework. This role requires an excellent communicator to demonstrate the skills and ability to manage and support the day to day running of a busy, dynamic team effectively prioritising daily challenges and expectations.
Applicants must hold a professional social work, occupational therapy, nursing or other relevant allied health qualification, have completed any post qualification practice or training requirements, and have current professional registration with their relevant registration authority.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 10/04/2023 with interviews to follow.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit the advert on the employer site.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.