Environment Officer x2
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 per week
A great opportunity has arisen for 2 Environment Officers to join our busy team. To provide a uniformed presence in designated patrol areas of the Isle of Wight, to protect and enhance the Public Realm.
This role will include area inspections, monitoring and enforcement activities to help provide a safe and well-kept environment.
Areas of inspection include:
· Play facilities within local authority parks
· Integrated grounds maintenance contract (parks and cemeteries)
· Parks, beaches, and slipways cleaning contracts
· Waste management and other corporate contracts as required
The ideal candidate will be:
· Confident and demonstrate good negotiation, persuasion, and assertive skills, have practical knowledge of a range of procedures and specialist equipment to support clients/businesses.
· Ability to think creatively and work collaboratively.
· Good organisation skills and excellent communication skills both written and oral.
· Proven ability to priorities own workload and achieve deadlines.
As well as being a great place to work we also offer some additional incentives to those willing to commute to the island:
· Local and national staff discounts & benefits scheme
· Solent ferry travel discounts via Red Funnel, Wightlink & Hover travel
· Island bus network discount
· Staff parking permit scheme
· Discounted island sports & leisure gym membership
· Contribution to commuting cost
Closing Date: 29th March 2023