37 hours per week, £28,371.00 to £32,020.00
Closing date - 16th April 2023
Interview date - 26th April 2023
This post will be subject to a DBS check.
Winchester is a vibrant heritage destination with world class attractions and architecture. You will work within the Revenues team which is based in the heart of this historic city.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Revenues professional to join our high-performing Revenues team. You will deal with the administration, collection and enforcement of Council Tax, Non-Domestic Rates and Business Improvement levy. The team operates in a thriving customer facing environment in which you will amend accounts, interpret regulations and procedures and deal with enquiries via correspondence, email, telephone and face to face, ensuring all taxes are collected promptly.
You will build on our good reputation, contribute to our evolving service improvement, and always put our customers first. You will also be IT literate and have excellent communication and numerical skills, supported by an organised approach and the ability to meet performance targets. A background in Council Tax or Non-Domestic Rates is desirable but not essential.
You will be self-motivated, enthusiastic, customer focused and a team player. You will also acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of all the relevant legislation in order to ensure that records are updated correctly and advice is provided accurately.
If you feel you have the necessary background, experience and skills to undertake this role we would like to hear from you. At Winchester City Council, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable.
In return, we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- 25 days annual leave per year rising to 32 days - dependent on length of service
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
For further information about the role and requirements, please see the Job Description.
Previous applicants need not apply.