Senior Library Assistant
About The Job
Salary: £22,369 to £22,777 per annum, £11.59 to £11.81 hourly rate (pro rata for part time) You will be entitled to Saturday Enhancement for working 1 in 2 Saturdays for 7 hours 30 minutes.
Working Pattern: Part Time (21.5 hours per week)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Horsham Library
Interview date: 14 April 2023
Do you want to make a difference to people's lives and help communities to grow?
Do you enjoy working with people of all ages and backgrounds?
Do you have great leadership skills?
If so, working in a library could be just the role for you!
As a Senior Library Assistant, you will be responsible for the day to data coordination of a small team. You will play a key part in the team and a key contact for those people using the library!
We're looking for friendly, enthusiastic, and resourceful people, with excellent digital skills, to join our team as the key initial contact delivering a customer-facing library service, helping to deliver a high-quality enquiry service, providing information accurately, and signposting to other services.
It's an active role; carrying books, pushing trolleys, lifting boxes and being on your feet for long periods of time. You will also be required to lone-work regularly.
You will be a keen team player, able to work alongside partners and volunteers providing excellent customer service to the whole range of visitors to the library.
Flexibility is key as one moment you may be helping a customer log-on to the library Wi-Fi and download an eBook, the next leading a Baby Rhyme Time session for parents and babies. The variety of our work means that no two days are the same. We get huge job satisfaction from helping everyone who comes through our doors, and you could too!
A full job description is attached at the bottom of the advert.
Monday 8.30- 12.00
Thursday 8.30 -6.05pm
Saturday 8.30 - 5.05
Monday 8.30 - 12.20
Wednesday 8.30 - 4.30pm
Thursday 8.30- 6.05pm
Friday OFF Saturday
Rewards and Benefits
Why choose us as your next employer? We care about wellbeing, allowing time for celebrating our teams' efforts, and developing our team to be the best they can be. Alongside this, we also offer the below benefits.
- *An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement of 24 days (plus opportunity to buy additional leave)
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role
- Maternity, paternity, dependency and adoption leave
- Volunteering opportunities
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching, mentoring and apprenticeships
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers; groceries, travel, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities, high street retailers and the opportunity to save over £1,000 a year through our West Sussex Choices benefits platform (see our Staff discounts pageif you are a business looking to offer a discount)
- Health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders, Wellbeing Hub and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to satisfactory references and health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.