Teacher of Religious Education - Blessed Hugh Faringdon School
Required for September 2023
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Religious Education to work alongside a forward thinking and supportive team.
As a teacher at BHFCS, you must be an excellent classroom practitioner dedicated to seeing every pupil achieve their maximum potential. If you are looking for a school that will help you to grow, inspire and develop, this may be the role for you.
What we are looking for:
- A professional who is forward thinking and capable of inspiring students through their passion for Religious Education
- A successful teacher who believes in bringing out the best in every student and who believes in the potential of all
- A team player who will work alongside the strong department to continually evaluate and improve their quality of teaching and learning
- An individual who has the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
- Applications are welcome from ECTs, from more experienced colleagues who are looking for a change or someone considering returning to teaching where you will be fully supported
Why choose our school?
- Join a highly successful team that has an exceptional track record for training teachers
- We offer excellent opportunities for professional development and a bespoke programme of support and training based on individual needs
- Small A level classes ensuring high quality of teaching and progress at Key Stage 5
- £1,000 Golden Hello to welcome you to our team
- A unique ethos due to our Catholic identity with students at the heart of all that we do
As a highly valued, core subject in a Catholic school, RE has a track record of high performance and achievement both at GCSE and A Level RS – Philosophy and Ethics. We provide an academically sound and thought-provoking curriculum, learning about not only the Christian faith, but other world religions as well.
At 6th form, we offer students the opportunity to complete the EPQ, which is viewed favourably by universities.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wishes to develop in a dynamic environment where strong professional relationships exist.
We are part of the PiXL group of schools, whose aim is to promote student achievement through academic success.
Blessed Hugh Faringdon Catholic School is a successful and oversubscribed school - It’s an exciting time to join our friendly, supportive and dedicated staff.
An application form can be downloaded from our website https://www.hughfaringdon.org/home/join-us/vacancies/
Further information can also be obtained from Karyn Stiles, HR Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 13 April 2023
Applications considered upon receipt. Interviews will be organised as and when applications are received.
The School reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced disclosure certificate.