Independent Retirement Living Manager - Part time
Independent Retirement Living Manager - Part Time
Salary £17,043 to £18,913 p.a. + standby allowance
25 hours per week Mon - Fri
About the role
We’re looking for, enthusiastic and empathetic person to join our Housing team within our Independent Retirement Living (IRL) service.
As an IRL Manager you will deliver a high-quality service to residents in one of our five Independent Retirement Living Housing schemes, based in New Haw. You’ll be the key contact for the residents to ensure the day-to-day well-being of them in the context of activities, health and safety, safeguarding and general upkeep of the building
- You’ll need excellent communication skills liaising with residents, their families, colleagues, and external agencies to ensure their individual needs are met.
- You’ll understand the needs of older people to ensure that their continued independence and quality of life is maintained.
- You’ll work on your own initiative to deal with complex situations in a calm, positive and non-judgemental manner.
- You’ll be part of a team working together to bring to life the modernisation programme and the Older Peoples Strategy.
A clean driving licence, access to your own vehicle and clear enhanced DBS check is required for this role.
As part of the role you will be required to participate in the out of hours on call rota covering overnight, weekends and some bank holidays.
Runnymede is an ambitious, passionate, and progressive council with a forward- thinking attitude and award-winning departments. As a Borough Council, we are committed to our four core values and goals which we demonstrate through our ongoing policies and projects. We are always keen to improve our services and welcome innovative and proactive individuals who are open minded and have a positive approach in supporting our vision.
- 28 Days annual leave, plus 8 days bank holidays and 1 extra day at Christmas.
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Training and development opportunities
- Payment of one professional membership per annum
- Cycle to work + further related discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Health and Dental insurance plan after 3 years’ service
- Mileage allowance
How to apply
For more information on the role and to apply please visit: Runnymede Borough Council Jobs | Surrey Jobs
We are passionate about building an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from candidates with a variety of backgrounds, skills and abilities. If it is difficult for you to apply online, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01932 425516 who will be able to assist you.
For an informal discussion please contact Donnalyn Dunn on 01932 425863 or via email email@example.com.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date you have not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for considering Runnymede Borough Council.
Closing date: 23rd March 2023 - 11:59pm
Interview date: 30th March 2023
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the 'Apply Now' button below. Full information, including the Job Description, Person Specification and other details about Runnymede Borough Council, is available in the Extra Information attachment.
If it is difficult for you to apply online please contact us at Human Resources, Runnymede Borough Council, Civic Centre, Station Road, Addlestone, Surrey, KT15 2AH.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. or Telephone: 01932 425517.