Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Job Title: Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Location: County Hall, Hertford with flexible working
Salary Range: £33,820 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £37,261 per annum
Hours: 37 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Diversity and Inclusion Team and support Hertfordshire County Council to ensure the delivery of high-quality council services across a range of directorates for the benefit of its residents and staff.
The purpose of this job is to support the Diversity and Inclusion Team by delivering a range of projects across the diversity and inclusion agenda including supporting the work of the Hertfordshire County Council Diversity and Inclusion Board, council services, external stakeholders, elected members and individual members of staff to deliver their specific objectives around diversity and inclusion.
You’ll get involved with wide range of current diversity and inclusion related activity; for instance, the production of guidance on topics such as transgender identity, recommending appropriate terminology, ensuring relevant stakeholders are kept abreast of significant changes in legislation and policy. You will have the opportunity to be innovative and develop creative digital platforms that will deliver key diversity and inclusion-related messages.
We are looking for you to:
- Build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Communicate confidently, clearly and articulately with tact and diplomacy, both verbally and in writing
- Challenge, and where necessary, negotiate with all stakeholders and resolve or escalate issues appropriately
- Have strong organisational and time-management skills
- Manage workload and priorities and be able to put mechanisms in place to track progress
- Collaborate and communicate with all stakeholders to build and maintain a high level of engagement with County Council services
- Lead and manage complex work streams, including the preparation of monitoring mechanisms and delivery of key milestones
- Have in depth knowledge of and expertise around the use of Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- To provide support to the Diversity and Inclusion team around the coordination and delivery of specific projects as part of the Diversity and Inclusion Board’s work programme to embed corporate priorities across all of the council’s service delivery and planning
- To lead on and manage specific smaller projects when required
- To assist management within the Diversity and Inclusion team to provide guidance around the diversity and inclusion agenda and to support managers to Develop and deliver services to targeted user groups. This work will also include the development and maintenance of positive working relationships with community groups and other organisations with a diversity and inclusion focus
- To provide information, advice, and guidance to staff regarding diversity and inclusion matters and assist with the development of Equality Impact Assessments (EqIAs)
- To support the provision of a high quality and efficient translation and interpretation service by providing business support such as the processing of invoices, collation of information or reports from service providers and the coordination of training courses with service providers. Also, with appropriate guidance from the Diversity and Inclusion Manager, to process requests for translation and interpretations
- To support management within the Diversity and Inclusion team by monitoring budget and service performance and preparing reports on the findings
- To support the Diversity and Inclusion team to promote a positive culture around diversity and inclusion within HCC by leading on the work programme that would be generated from our close interactions with staff network groups and other stakeholders
- To create, maintain and update digital content for various platforms
- To undertake other duties as may be appropriate in line with the role
Closing Date: Monday 10th April 2023
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 24th April 2023
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: email@example.com or phone 01438 844100
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.