Assistant Area Coordinator
About The Job
Would you like to join a local authority committed to improving residents' quality of life?
West Sussex County Council (WSCC) operate a range of home to school and adults services transport routes across the County.
As part of our team, you will enable vulnerable people to achieve the best possible personal outcomes. You will do this by providing a reliable and consistent, safe transport service.
We're looking for people with an outward looking, caring and professional approach. The ideal person will naturally go above and beyond; acknowledging that our passengers value a friendly face and someone who is thoughtful and considerate.
Sound like an opportunity you would be interested in, Read more.
Salary: £25,409 - £27,852 per annum
Working Pattern: Full-time, 37 hours per week.
Contract Length: Permanent.
Location: Clapham depot, Worthing.
As an Assistant Area Coordinator, you will lead in the daily running of our depot's vehicles including specialist accessible minibuses.
Part of your role will consist of supporting and recruiting a team of drivers, approximately 50. You will ensure that the relevant vehicles and driver resource are available to deliver our vital service. This will include an understanding of the customer requirements, matching resources to need in a timely and cost effective manner.
The role will work closely with Fleet Management to ensure they supply the appropriately sourced and maintained fleet vehicles for their area.
The role reports to one of the Area Co-ordinators.
Reward and benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a brilliant opportunity you will receive:
- A competitive salary.
- 27 days annual leave.
- A generous pension scheme.
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring.
- A range of discounts (Including Samsung, Argos, Wickes, TUI, Deliveroo and Asos).
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres.
- A range of commuting and business travel discount and initiatives.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee, go to our Rewards and Benefits page.
Experience and Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems, plan solutions, make sound pragmatic problem-solving decisions and make best use of available resources.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to work within a team.
- Good people related skills for managing drivers and to work with colleagues in the area teams to deliver excellent services.
- Ability to remain calm when under pressure be able to switch work between competing needs during the course of a day.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Full current drivers D1 licence.
- Sound and accurate IT knowledge.
- Demonstrable knowledge of passenger transport operations including use of relevant safety equipment such as tail lifts, barriers and tie-down equipment.
- Demonstrable customer service skills.
- Proven successful experience of working as part of a team in order to effectively meet objectives within agreed/necessary timescales.
The reference number for this role is EIE01082 .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults
This post is subject to satisfactory references, health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.