We are recruiting for Finance Analysts across the following areas:
- Finance Business Partnering
- Chief Accountant’s team
- Capital & Treasury
This role will require experience in either Financial Accounting or Business Partnering. While experience in VAT or government returns is desirable, it is not essential.
Finance Analysts at Brent are expected to take responsibility for key activities such as:
- Reporting to the Senior Finance Analyst or Head of Finance for the Service within the Function
- Providing analytical support to the relevant business leadership team to help monitor and drive business performance.
- A role in the provision of management information to support decision making, and in all aspects of financial management/control of the business area.
- Provide concise and relevant management information to business leadership and key stakeholders to supplement the management information provided centrally to them or available to them from the online systems.
- Working with members of the Finance Team on all financial aspects of business planning, budgeting and regular forecasting.
- Liaise with the Finance Administration Team and the business to ensure accurate time recording, prompt billing, adequate provisioning and timely debt collection are being achieved.
- Work with members of the Finance Team to ensure that appropriate processes and controls are adhered to within the business and communicated as appropriate. Provide ad hoc training as necessary.
- Candidates should preferably be CCAB qualified. Suitable post qualification experience in a large and complex organisation is desirable, and although relevant experience with another public sector organisation is likely to be an advantage, we are always interested in candidates who can demonstrate transferable skills from other sectors.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work with colleagues at all levels and experience of managing complex stakeholder relationships.
- Individuals should be driven and motivated with strong financial reporting and analytical experience.
Full details are provided in the attached job description and person specification.
Supporting information - As Part of your application please include a supporting statement.
Closing Date: 27 March 2023 (23:00hrs)
Assessment & Interview Date: Week commencing 27th March 2023
Start Date: April 2023
Brent Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community. We positively encourage all applicants to self-identify their characteristics in the diversity survey section in the application.
We are committed to safer recruitment and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants should be aware that posts working with children, young people and vulnerable adults are subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Brent has a positive approach to flexible working.
As a disability confident employer Brent welcomes applications from people with all disabilities, including hidden disabilities and mental health conditions. We will interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential criteria. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made to any part of the recruitment process due to your disability, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.