The Wokingham Community Older Adults Mental Health Team is looking for an enthusiastic, caring and highly motivated Social Worker/Occupational Therapist (Mental Health Practitioner) to join our supportive and innovative Community Team
As a Social Worker/ Occupational Therapist (Mental Health Practitioner) you will take responsibility for the assessment and implementation of intensive care and treatment in the homes of people with functional mental health problems, as well as people with dementia.
The service is a multi-disciplinary team with specialist skills in caring for older people with mental health needs in the community. In our latest CQC inspection we achieved ‘Outstanding’ and therefore the successful candidate would be expected to work towards helping the service maintain these accolades of high standards
Wokingham Borough has a range of opportunities in social care offering flexibility and the ASYE Program.
- Completing care act assessments including needs assessment, carers assessments and safeguarding enquires as required.
- Assisting with safe hospital discharges primarily from Prospect Park Hospital but could also be from acute hospitals
- Monitoring patients mental health including response to medication and also completing any required assessments such as cognitive testing and depression scales, this will be in conjunction with one of the teams psychiatrists and regular clinical supervision will be provided.
- Supporting care homes and reviewing patients in these settings.
- Being on the duty rota, attending to urgent visits and assessments and triaging referrals
The successful candidate must display a passion and understanding for working with Older People, appropriate training and support will be provided as needed.
Your base would be Wokingham Community Hospital where we have access to free parking facilities, staff room and a friendly and welcoming team. There is also the opportunity to work remotely and a balance of the two would be encouraged.
We can offer a great range of benefits including generous annual leave, a local government pension scheme, discounts and more!
Closing date: Sunday 16th April 2023, 11pm
Interview date: W/C 17th April 2023
For an informal discussion, please contact Silvana Mansi on 0118 9495101.
Please be aware that we will be reviewing the applications we receive on a daily basis, and if suitable candidates are identified this advert may close before the closing date.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.