Customer Services Manager
About The Job
If you have a passion for going above and beyond and always delivering to the highest of standards to make things happen - this is the opportunity for you.
Salary: £50,105 to £53,538 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time, 37 hours per week.
Contract Length: Permanent.
Location: Durban House, Bognor Regis, with hybrid working opportunities.
Interview date: 29th March 2023.
As part of the Highways Customer Service Hub, you will experience a friendly environment where we know one another, and where you can create impact and value from day one. You'll champion a customer centric culture in WSCC and help us to drive continuous improvement.
The Highways Customer Service Manager will support and advise Managers on the best approach to achieve an efficient customer journey. Ensuring all customers are informed and ensuring all issues are resolved within agreed timescales.
The focus of this role is to develop, implement and oversee a truly customer-focused service which delivers 'Customer Excellence' standards consistently across the Highway Service. This role will be responsible for the management of:
- A team of Customer Service Officers, providing Highway specialised support and advice to the customer and Customer Service Centre.
- A team of Business Administrators that will provide support to the wider Highways, Transport and Planning Directorate.
- The Local Highway Operations Business Support function which supports the operations of Area Teams.
This role will include the performance management of the teams and the co-ordination, planning and delivery of agreed activities and objectives, as well as supporting Operations Managers in the delivery of service improvement across Highway Operations. Specifically, this role will:
- Proactively engage with the community and Councillors, keeping them up to date with planned activity across Highways
- Continually seek to improve the Customer Journey.
- Identify trends within the customer enquiries and be proactive in providing key information to the wider service so action can be taken to proactively inform the customer and contact centre to reduce the volume of inbound calls.
- Work closely with the wider service to ensure key information is available on the Highway Website to encourage and support customer self-serve.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure the business admin function is delivered as required throughout the year, whilst balancing seasonal demands associated with the various services.
- Develop and implement improvements in customer service, service provision and resource management across the Local Highway Operations service.
Reward and benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a brilliant opportunity you will receive:
- A competitive salary.
- 30 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- A generous pension scheme.
- Flexible and part time working opportunities
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring.
- A range of discounts which could include Samsung, Argos, Wickes, TUI, Deliveroo and Asos.
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres.
- A range of commuting and business travel discount and initiatives.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee, go to our Rewards and Benefits page.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to make sound pragmatic problem-solving decisions, which will have a wider service impact.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence actions by others and negotiate effective business solutions.
- The ability to provide comprehensive professional advice and support within the service specialism.
- Research and knowledge management skills.
- Effective people management and performance management skills.
- Ability to apply project management principles and practices. Ability to set timescales and review effectiveness of service delivery.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Post graduate professional qualification relevant either to management or to the professional service specialism of Customer Service delivery; or equivalent level of significant experience demonstrating applied application of the above levels of knowledge in a relevant setting.
- Authoritative, applied knowledge of the specialist or professional discipline including technical theories and related principles.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering or co-ordinating a quality customer focused service to others.
- Experience of managing / leading staff.
- Experience of managing a small budget and/or contributing to financially related decisions on larger spends.
- Sound and accurate IT knowledge.
The reference number for this role is EIE01108 .
Please apply if you feel you have transferable skills, we are keen to hear from you.
Sound like your next venture? To apply, upload your CV and upload a cover letter explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!