Senior Customer Services Officer
Do you have strong customer service skills and thrive in a pressure-driven environment?
Salary: £32,020 to £34,723 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time, 37 hours per week.
Contract Length: Permanent.
Location: Durban House, Bognor Regis, with hybrid working opportunities.
Interview date: Week commencing 30th March 2023
The Highways Customer Service Hub are the team that bring the customer to the heart of the Highways Service. As a Senior Customer Services Officer, you will be key to providing an efficient customer journey.
The responsibilities of the team are:
- Handling all first-level escalations into the service
- Keeping customers informed and ensuring all issues are resolved within agreed timescales
- Providing a front-line service direct to customers
- Providing solutions to queries and issues raised
This role will support the Customer Services Manager in providing line management to a team of Customer Service Officers and additional seasonal staff. This role will also provide support to the Senior Management team with specific requests and questions relating to customer communications received.
Reward and benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a brilliant opportunity you will receive:
- A competitive salary.
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- A generous pension scheme.
- Flexible and part time working opportunities
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring.
- A range of discounts which could include Samsung, Argos, Wickes, TUI, Deliveroo and Asos.
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres.
- A range of commuting and business travel discount and initiatives.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee, go to our Rewards and Benefits page.
Experience and Skills
- Competent IT skills
- Clear and effective written communication skills.
- Good verbal communication skills in order to communicate effectively.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills to analyse complex specialist information and find practical solutions.
- The ability to supervise and aid development of staff, providing direction, guidance, support and on the job training to individuals and teams.
- The ability to contribute to reviewing working practices especially in response to changes in legislation.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Relevant advanced theoretical or organisational knowledge and experience of systems, procedures and policies associated with operating a demanding service in a related field.
- Knowledge of relevant practice and procedures, customer service and the application and interpretation of relevant legislation.
- Sound experience supervising / line managing and supporting others.
- Experience of managing data and production of management reports, including using information systems and reporting tools.
The reference number for this role is EIE01109 .
There will be a requirement to travel to other WSCC offices around the county. You will need to be able to work flexibly during the week to cover the team hours between 8am and 6pm. There is a regular and intrinsic requirement to communicate in English with members of the public.
Please apply if you feel you have transferable skills, we are keen to hear from you.
To apply, upload your CV and upload a cover letter explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!