The William Alvey School is offering the exciting opportunity for an experienced Headteacher to join our team and lead our happy, creative and ambitious school community.
As a three-form entry Church of England primary school in the growing market town of Sleaford, we are very proud of our “small school feel in a big school environment”.
Our school has benefited from a successive history of exceptional, committed, long-serving school leaders and as a result has a thriving staff team who embrace all aspects of our core values: Resilience, Tolerance, Aspiration and Respect. Our children are exceptional too: if you look around our corridors, classrooms and playground you will see a student community full of positive relationships and children who are keen to embrace the wide range of learning and extra-curricular opportunities that William Alvey School offers them.
Objective successes for our school include a recent Ofsted inspection, where our school was rated ‘Good’ (2022), and KS1 and KS2 results that are consistently above the national average. We are, however, much more than this data. We are a school community that prizes interest and achievement in the arts, sports and community and environmental awareness, as well as academic success. All our learners are revered and respected as members of our community where all are known and loved by God.
Our pupils are the focus of everything we do, and our vision statement, ”Learning today for living tomorrow” focuses not just on the academic, but every area of our learners’ lives.
What we can offer:
- Enthusiastic children who are excited about learning
- The opportunity to lead a well-established staff team, with strong senior and middle leaders
- A forward-thinking Governing Body who will encourage and support you to lead the school
- A wonderful physical learning environment, with the benefit of a new, purpose-built building for intervention and SEN support
- High standards of learning and teaching, with an ambitious curriculum and exciting, embedded maths and literacy initiatives
You will need:
- The desire and ability to promote and continually develop our school’s inclusive values and strong Christian ethos
- High expectations for children’s personal development, happiness, welfare, behaviour and attainment
- A clear vision of excellence in primary education with the ability to think strategically and lead the school through the next exciting phase of its development
- Proven leadership and a passion for motivating, supporting, challenging, nurturing and investing in staff at all levels
- An ambition to provide distinctive leadership to the school, along with the capacity to be open to the advice and guidance of others
A commitment to putting the children at the centre of everything you do
If you feel excited about the prospect of leading our school, then we would be delighted to hear from you!
Visits to our school are both welcome and strongly encouraged. To book a visit, please email our Clerk to Governors at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application packs are available from the school website, https://www.williamalvey.net/ . Completed applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com
Closing Date: 12:00 Noon on Monday 17th April 2023
Short-listing Date: Tuesday 18th April 2023
Interview Date: Monday 24th April 2023
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
The school advertising the vacancy will contact you directly regarding the outcome of your application and any interviews. When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.