Social Workers - West Locality
Adult Services in West Berkshire has an opportunity for full time experienced Social Workers who are registered with Social Work England to join our friendly and supportive West Locality team.
We are a small Local Authority with a mixture of urban and rural communities which offers great variety and positive challenges.
West Berkshire Council is embracing a new way of working with a strong focus on localities and a strengths based approach to the people that we work with.
(Please see the attached Job Description for a full list of duties)
- You will work collaboratively with Occupational Therapists and Social Care Practitioners in a large team to undertake assessments and reviews of adults who need care and support in the community.
- You will hold a full caseload and contribute to team performance, as well participate in a duty rota, but in return you will be offered regular professional supervision and there are opportunities to develop your own skills as a supervisor.
- The work is very varied and will involve working with adults with a wide range of needs and disabilities.
The ideal candidate would have the following skills and attributes
- Experience of working with people with Learning Disabilities will be of benefit for this post and you will need a working knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act and Safeguarding processes.
- You will be registered with Social Work England
- You will hold a professional qualification in Social Work
- You will need to be a Best Interests Assessor – or work towards this within 2 years
- You will possess a strong knowledge of national legislation including Care Act, Mental Capacity Act, etc.
Our offer to you
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- The opportunity to work full OR part time
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Access to a wide range of relevant training
- A range of local discounts
- You will be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days per annum rising to a maximum of 33 days.
- A relocation package of up to £8000 may be payable
We are ideally looking to offer the successful candidates the hours advertised above. We may however consider offering less hours than advertised, providing they meet the requirements of the role and service which will be determined by the recruiting manager.
Please contact Gabija Knight (Locality Manager) on 01635 503050 for an informal chat about this role.