IT Programme Manager
Role: IT Programme Manager
Location: Main Council Offices, Desford Road, Narborough, LE19 2EP
Hybrid and Flexible Working in line with role requirements
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time 37 Hours per week
Salary: £40,478 - £43,516 per annum [scale 7]
As a result of significant growth in demand for ICT support, we are now looking for a Programme Manager to join our newly formed, dynamic, highly motivated Transformation Group.
- To develop, promote and support the implementation of corporate and service improvement policies, programmes and projects including service process reviews.
- To be key in developing and delivering the IT Strategy for Blaby District Council (BDC) and be a significant contributor within the Leicestershire ICT Partnership (LICTP) on behalf of BDC, inclusive of relationship management and budget monitoring.
- To support services to understand their challenges and needs [existing and future] and work closely with them, alongside our Transformation and Projects Team, to enable continuous service delivery improvements in collaboration with the wider LICTP.
- To support project boards with the project management framework and be an enabler for project teams in a variety of IT related project-based activities.
Why Blaby District Council?
- A one team approach and a supportive culture
- An inclusive environment that allows you to enjoy your work and being at work
- Doing the right thing for our residents
- Doing the right thing for #teamblaby
We are a local authority committed to investing in and supporting each other, allowing, and enabling through the creation of space and time to adapt and change to meet the challenges we face, head-on, through developing new opportunities and different ways of working. We want our colleagues to develop, feel valued and above all supported, to enable us to Transform Blaby Together.
We need to harness the best of our past whilst looking to the future. We are focussed on transforming delivery of our services so that they are fit for purpose, accessible and valued by our customers, providing the best value for money, thereby continuing to make Blaby a great place to live, work and visit.
We are an organisation that is passionate about working with partners to deliver services in new and innovative ways.
Actively building Diverse Teams
Blaby District Council is committed to providing equal opportunities and a proactive and inclusive approach to equality and diversity in employment, welcoming applications from everyone. No applicant or employee will be treated less favourably than another on the grounds of a protected characteristic. We are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people and those in the Armed Forces, and therefore as a Disability Confident Employer and to show that we commit to the Armed Forces Covenant, we offer a Guaranteed Interview Scheme. Further information can be found on our jobs page.
Job Description & Person Specification
Employee Benefits of working with us include:
- Local Government Pension Scheme [LGPS]
- Exciting Career Opportunities
- Flexible Working including a flexitime scheme
- Out of town offices with free car parking and cycle bays
To find out more about the role and what it is like to work for #teamblaby, please contact Lisa Boland, Transformation Group Manager on 0116 272 7587 for an informal discussion.
Should you have any technical issues when applying, please email email@example.com
Closing date: 27th March 2023
Interview date: 12th April 2023
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.