Teaching Assistant 3 (Cavendish Secondary)
Hours of work: 30 Hours
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only etc.
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: 9am Thursday 23rd March 2023
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
The Cavendish Academy
Phone: 01323 731340
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
TEACHING ASSISTANT (LEVEL 3) – SECONDARY (CAVENDISH SCHOOL)
30 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
Term Time Only (incl INSET days)
Single Status 4 - Salary Range Point 9 – 10
£21,189 - £21,575 pro-rata
Actual Salary - £13,546- £13,792
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Closing date: 9am Thursday 23 March 2023
Interview date: Wednesday 29 March 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and committed Teaching Assistant to support pupils’ learning in our Secondary Phase.
Do you have the drive, passion and commitment to deliver outstanding support for young people? Do you want to make a difference to the outcomes and life chances of young people? Would you enjoy the opportunity to work in a school environment?
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to pursue a career in education or as an entry point in the pursuit of a teaching career. You will be part of a specialised and dedicated team, which is committed to providing a safe and inclusive learning environment, where everyone is valued and encouraged to reach their full potential.
The Head of Phase is looking for highly motivated, committed professionals who are passionate and enthusiastic to join in the continued development and success of our exciting all-through status. If you have the skills, drive and enthusiasm this could be the perfect role for you.
This school offers:
- A strong and visionary leadership
- To be part of a vibrant community
- To be part of an exciting new environment in our all-through campus.
- A grading of ‘good’ by Ofsted (Outstanding for EYFS), 2018
- Excellent CPD opportunities for all levels and interests
- Staff Wellbeing: a genuine focus on staff wellbeing
- Pupils who are motivated and keen to learn
The ideal candidate will:
- Believe in creating strong, positive relationships with the children, developing them personally, socially, emotionally and academically.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability and determination to ensure excellent progress and to raise standards.
- Establish and maintain the highest standards
- Inspire, challenge and motivate our pupils
- Have the potential to get the best out of our pupils and can forge positive relationships with children.
- Have a commitment to personal and professional development
- Be a team player who is supportive of colleagues
The job role consists of:
- Working under the professional guidance of senior staff to implement work programmes for individuals/groups which could include those requiring detailed and specialist knowledge in particular areas.
- Delivering small group work across specialist areas
- Providing high quality, inclusive, learning experiences and care for all the children.
- To liaise and interact effectively with the teaching staff, parents and carers in order to enable access to learning.
- To support achievement and progress.
- To promote the welfare of all children.
- To share good practice in the classroom setting and at break times.
- To give one to one SEN pupil support and mentoring.
Please download the application form and further details from our website.
https://www.cavendishtrust.co.uk/vacancies - under Cavendish School
We look forward to receiving your application by e-mail, for the attention of Mrs Angela Hayden, HR Manager / PA to the Headteacher. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all those who work with us to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-check-applicant-criminal-record. We give high priority to promoting diversity throughout the school.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.