Caretaker (St Andrew's C.E. Infants' School)
Hours of work: 37 Hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Friday 24 March 2023
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
St Andrew's C.E. Infants' School
Winchelsea Road, Eastbourne
Phone: 01323 724749
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
St Andrew's C.E. Infants' School is currently looking for a new caretaker to look after our wonderful 1894 building! We would like our suitable applicant to start as soon as possible.
We are a stable, inspired team who offer a friendly face and a positive team spirit.
We would welcome visits for this role, and hope to be able to find a conscientious, practical team member who would like to keep us safe, clean, tidy and ready to learn!
Knowledge of Health & Safety would be beneficial. The role will involve cleaning, maintenance and working closely with our school community.
The successful candidate will work closely with our School Business Manager and Headteacher, ensuring that both emergency and routine Caretaker work is carried out in a timely manner. This role requires daily inspection of the school, both in and outside, liaising with staff and maintaining a high quality learning environment.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an:
* ability to undertake a range of caretaking and cleaning duties;
* ability to identify work priorities and manage own workload, whilst ensuring that lower priority work is kept up to date;
* ability to act on own initiative, dealing with any unexpected problems that arise;
* ability to demonstrate good inter-personal skills to communicate with a range of people;
* an understanding of the main Health & Safety Regulations, including COSHH and risk assessment, and how they apply in a school environment;
* experience of carrying out specialist building maintenance work, with the reasonable capacity of a normal handyperson;
* willingness to participate in further training and development opportunities offered by the school and county, to further knowledge;
* willingness to maintain confidentiality on all school matters.
For further information or a tour of the school please contact the school office - email@example.com or 01323 724749.
Interview date - 30/03/2023
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.