Swimming Instructor (Part Time, 0.5 to 15 Hours Per Week)
Liverpool City Council is looking to recruit Swimming Instructors to its highly successful Swim Academy lesson programme, the largest programme in the city.
Under the direction of the Swimming Co-ordinator, you will assist in the provision of progressive and structured aquatic sports instruction and activities to children and adults of all abilities. You will be responsible for mentoring and training assistants and volunteers. As part of the Neighbourhoods and Housing directorate you will be expected to deliver high quality education opportunities for the local community, delivering excellent value for money swimming lessons in our Lifestyles centres.
The Swim Academy programme runs across all Lifestyles pools and you will be expected to work at various sites as follows: Alsop, Ellergreen, Everton Park, Garston, Liverpool Aquatics Centre and Park Road.
There are 13 posts available ranging from 0.5 to 15 hours per week which involve evening and weekend work. Contracted hours are flexible and will be agreed as part of the interview and recruitment process.
Salary will be pro rata to reflect the number of hours worked per week, allowances will be paid where applicable.
- Deliver a range of instructed and proficiency based aquatics activity including; swimming, life-saving, diving, synchronised swimming, open water swimming in accordance with national guidelines (e.g. ASA Learn to Swim Pathway LTSP)
- Prepare and implement schemes of work to ensure continual development of all children and adults through the ASA LTSP according to ability.
- Instruct swimming lessons to school children, individuals and other user groups of all ages.
- Meet National Curriculum key stage 2 targets for all participating children.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of at least one Level 2 Swimming Teaching Qualification.
- Instructing swimming to a range of different ages and abilities using the ASA Learn to Swim Pathway (ASA LTSP).
- Have worked in a customer focused environment.
- Ability to motivate and encourage swimmers using creative delivery of swimming lessons
If you would like to talk to a member of the team about the role or have an informal discussion, please contact Mark Lancaster, Lifestyles General Manager, on 07793 947049 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.