Admin Senior Support Officer
Services for Young People is the primary provider of youth work; information, advice and careers guidance, work related learning and work experience to young people in Hertfordshire. The Service is a key contributor to the prevention and early intervention / early help agenda including Hertfordshire County Council’s aim of supporting young people to make a successful transition to an economically independent adult life.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible Senior Support Officer with good communication skills, to work as part of a team in St Albans and Dacorum. You will provide a full range of administrative and office duties to a high standard including updating, improving and managing computer databases, spreadsheets and management information systems, answering phone and email queries, processing invoices and timesheets and managing a small staff team. There will be some front of house/reception duties in our Young People’s Centres.
- Updating, managing computer databases and spreadsheets, provide reports and assist in compiling information such as statutory returns, manage and track expenditure
- Providing professional support to Team Manager dealing with confidential and sensitive matters, answer telephone calls and provide information as a first point of contact
- Undertaking a range of administrative duties such as note and minute taking, filing, scanning and photocopying and deal with all general matters including cash handling, correspondence, invoices and timesheets according to local procedures
- Managing team commitments avoiding scheduling conflicts and arrange meetings and training courses, venues, agendas.
- Responsibility for invoicing for purchasing and managing the in-house finance system, supporting Team Manager with all things financial and budget led.
- Manage a small team of support officers, ensuring they are performance managed with supervision and performance development.
Good IT, verbal and written communication skills plus line management experience are essential and the role requires a high level of confidentiality, patience and accuracy. A quick learner, you will need to be confident, very organised, flexible in your approach to your work, able to use your own initiative and prioritise your workload and be confident in working in a range of settings.
Flexibility to travel and work at sites across St Albans & Dacorum is essential, with access to your own vehicle.