Project Support Officer - Schools Capital Programme
Liverpool City Council is looking to recruit a project support officer to be based within the Council’s Corporate Landlord Service. You will work within a small team to provide general administrative support to assist in the delivery of the Schools’ Capital Programme.
This is a brand new role and exciting opportunity for you to be involved in the implementation of a broad range of capital works to school, ranging from an annual planned maintenance programme, to school expansions, refurbishments and adaptations.
Your role will cover a diverse range of activities from financial management, raising and tracking orders on SAP, procuring quotations for surveys, minor works and/or other or services, attending and arranging meetings with a wide range of stakeholders and providing general support and assistance to project managers and on individual capital projects.
Responsibilities of the post include:
- undertaking and assisting with administrative duties to ensure the effective functioning and delivery of the schools’ capital programme.
- providing project support on individual capital schemes as an when required including raising and processing purchase orders and all associated paperwork relating to them.
- undertaking financial administration tasks using appropriate financial management software (SAP).
- responding to enquiries from a range of internal and external stakeholders including schools and external agencies in a customer focussed manner.
- under the direction of the Team’s project managers and in accordance with LCCstanding orders to procure quotations for surveys, minor works and/or other or servicesconnected with the development and delivery of individual capital schemes.
What You’ll Need:
- Relevant experience of providing a full range of administrative support at an appropriate level
- experience of new technology and its applications and developing and maintaining records systems
- the ability to work both alone and in a team and to be able to manage your time effectively.
- you should be prepared to undertake any necessary training in order to continuously improve your skills.