We are looking to recruit Classroom Teaching Assistants who are enthusiastic, dedicated, caring and highly motivated, who have an understanding and experience of working and supporting children and young people with Severe Learning Disabilities, Behaviours that Challenges and Complex Care to achieve their full potential.
The position is currently a full-time post, full time contract salary is between - (£17,220.00 -£18,060.00) per annum, depending on your qualification and experience). Contract available is an average of 35 hours per week, Monday -Friday from 9.00am to 4.00pm.
About the position:
As a Classroom Teaching Assistant, you will be responsible to actively support the Teacher and the Senior Teaching Assistant to plan and develop programmes of learning and develop resources that are tailored to meet the needs of individual pupils. The Classroom Teaching Assistant will also support in managing the smooth running of the classroom environment and maintain appropriate pupil records.
• Bike2Work Scheme.
• Full funded DBS Checks.
• Available on-site Car Parking.
• 10 Weeks Holiday Entitlement.
• An automatic Pension Scheme.
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Death in Service Insurance Scheme.
• Loyalty Bonuses (length of service award).
• Extensive training aimed at developing and enhancing skills.
• A fully paid three-week induction prior to working with children and young people.
• Opportunity to progress and grow within an innovative and progressive organisation.
• Refer a Friend Scheme Bonus ( payment of £450 on successful completion of 6 months).
• Must have Level 2 or Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or equivalent, will only consider unqualified applicants if they can demonstrate that they have nearly completed the relevant qualification.
• Previous teaching assistant and classroom support experience.
• knowledge of working with pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
• Have an experience of working with behaviour that are challenging and able to manage behaviour of concerns.
• Have an understanding of the EYES framework of lower primary teaching.
• An understanding of safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures.
• Must be enthusiastic, proactive, confident and resilient.
• An excellent caring and empathetic skills towards pupils.
• Excellent effective communication and collaborative skill.
• Patience, self-motivated, creative and keen to learn new skills.
• Ability to plan, organise and evaluate activities appropriate to our pupils’ needs and skills.
• Able to act in a professional manner at all times ensuring professional boundaries are maintained.
• Have a good understanding of the role and the flexibility and commitment that is required within the role.
• Ready to commit to the role in its entirety.
• Committed to valuing diversity and promoting equality for all.
• Driver essential with Full UK Drivers Licence.
• All candidates must be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure Checks (DBS).
About Witham Prospect School:
Witham Prospect School is a newly established independent specialist residential care and education organisation that has been created to meet the needs of children/young people aged between 11 and 19 years who have severe and profound learning disabilities and who may also be on the autism spectrum, have complex care needs and behavioural concerns. We are situated on the outskirts of Norton Disney in Lincolnshire. Our ethos is to provide warm, safe and nurturing environment where children and young people entrusted to us are supported and enabled to achieve their full potential in all areas of their social, emotional, physical and academic development.
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.