About The Job
Salary: £22,369 to £27,852 per annum. Dependant on experience.
Working Pattern: Full-time, 37 hours per week.
Contract Length: Permanent.
Location: Clapham depot, Worthing and Drayton Depot, Chichester.
Interview date: Week commencing 03/04/2023.
As an Assistant Technician you will support the team on a wide range of technical work. This will include;
- Site visits
- Raising work orders
- Liaising with customers and stakeholders
- Providing information and analysis to support the team's work.
Whilst supporting the team on several tasks you will have responsibility for specific areas of work. The team deals with a number of highway issues on a day-to-day basis and this role means that you will largely be supporting colleagues.
You will report to one of the Area Highway Managers, with day-to-day task management being provided by the Senior Highway Stewards or Senior Traffic Officers.
The role will include undertaking site visits, which may mean being exposed to unpleasant environmental conditions, due to being outside.
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
In addition to working within a great team and a brilliant opportunity to start your career you will receive:
- A competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- A generous pension scheme.
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring.
- A strong supportive management team.
- Up to 13 flexi days a year.
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 (Including: Argos, Samsung, Asos, B&Q and many more).
- Free access to employee assistance programmes.
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres.
- Car benefit scheme.
- A range of commuting and business travel discounts and initiatives.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to interpret complex information to produce a high-quality document with limited guidance.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present information presented clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that promote understanding, either verbally or in written/electronic format.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to work as a key contact and provide a professional service to meet public needs.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering an effective, efficient professional service to a range of customers.
- Experience of dealing with the general public and the ability to represent the County Council when meeting the public.
- Sound and accurate working knowledge of IT.
- Full Driving Licence required as travel around county is required.
The reference number for this role is EIE01106 .
Sound like your next venture? To apply, upload your CV and complete the application form.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.