Project Manager - Schools' Capital Programme
Liverpool City Council is facing a challenging time in providing sufficient school places, particularly in good or outstanding schools, with pressures building up in both the primary and secondary sectors. In addition, the Council has a duty underthe Education Act 1996 to ensure that there is sufficient provision for pupils with SEN where an Education Health and Care plan (EHCP) has determined that the provision should be met in designated specialist provision.
Liverpool City Council is therefore looking to recruit an experienced project manager to assist in the delivery ofthe Schools’ Capital Programme. As part of a small team you will work closely with Children and Young People’s Services, individual schools, governing bodies and other stakeholders both internal and external and will be involved in managing a diverse range of capital projects that will be required to meet the growth in pupil numbers across the various sectors, ranging from extensions, adaptations and alterations to potential new build schools.
A core part of the role will be toassist in the management and delivery of an annual programme of planned maintenance projects across community, controlled and foundation schools aimed at tackling priority condition works.
Responsibilities of the post include:
- representing the City Council as client in the initiation, design, development and project management of specific capital projects relating to the delivery of an annual planned maintenanceprogramme for schools, an ongoing school expansion programme and the implementation of the Council’s SEN review.
- liaising and co-ordinating with all appropriate stakeholders including technical consultants, school senior management, staff, governors and other stakeholders to ensure the successful development and documentation of the brief for the school to a high quality and to deadline.
- acting as lead liaison between the school, the authority and construction partner for the duration of the project’s construction programme.
- ensuring that projects are completed within programme timescales and to budget
- preparing reports and the presentation of information to support the decision-making process, where appropriate
What You’ll Need:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline
- experience in overseeing the delivery of large-scale high value capital projects with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- experience in the preparation, management and control of capital budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate information, present clear, accurate and concise reports to a wide range of audiences
- An ability to work to deadlines
This is a 3 year fixed term post to deal with the anticipated peak workload related to several aspects of the Schools Capital Programme including the delivery of additional school places, the SEND strategy and planned maintenance works which will be embedded within the Council’s Corporate Landlord Service.
If you would like to talk to a member of the team about the role or have an informal discussion, please contact Lee Kinder at firstname.lastname@example.org.