Class Teacher Temporary fixed term 1 year contract
MPR 1 – 6 / £28,000 - £38,810 per annum
UPR 1 – 3 / £40,620 - £43,685 per annum
To commence September 2023
The Governors of St Luke’s Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed teacher to join our teaching team in Key Stages 1 or 2. Experience of both would be ideal.
We are looking for someone who is:
- An outstanding teacher with high expectations and a commitment to raising standards.
- prepared to work closely with colleagues within a team setting.
- Willing to support the extended school curriculum.
- able to support the catholic ethos of the school.
Candidates with a particular strength, experience or passion for music, the arts or computing should state this in their application alongside any other particular subject strengths.
The person appointed will be joining a friendly, caring and dedicated staff and will teach happy, positive children. Opportunities will be provided for training and to work with a dynamic group of teachers who will be fully supportive. Recently qualified and experienced teachers are welcome to apply.
The teacher is responsible to the Headteacher.
- The basic duties of a teacher are outlined in the latest School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document.
- To teach and care for the pupils assigned to you, compliant with the school aims and in pursuit of high standards of pupil achievement – academically and socially. The school aims to create an environment which stimulates learning, is individually rewarding, dynamic and safe.
- To ensure pupil entitlement to the national curriculum
- To create a classroom atmosphere conducive to effective learning
- To help all pupils achieve and realise their potential.
- To ensure that all pupils observe the code of conduct.
- Adhere to all school policies appertaining to:
- Safeguarding Children
- Classroom management, including issues of health and safety.
- Equal Opportunity
- Target setting
- Special Educational Needs
- Marking, assessing, recording, and reporting
- Pastoral care
- Carry out supervisory duties in accordance with published schedules and procedures and always maintain professional credibility.
- Be proactive in personal professional development.
- Attend and contribute to key stage, team and full staff meetings.
- Consult with colleagues and senior staff when guidance/advice is required.
- In the school’s strategic plan, contribute towards the goals and targets.
- Ensure that punctuality and effectiveness are observed at all times.
- Maintain high standards of personal conduct and dress.
- Maintain a professional interest in educational initiatives relevant to your subject(s).
- Consult with co-ordinators, performance manager and staff development co-ordinator on any issue relevant to personal professional development, in line with the school’s strategic plan.
Conditions of employment
The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the written statement of conditions of employment (the Contract of Employment).
The postholder is required to support and encourage the school’s ethos and its objectives, policies and procedures as agreed by the governing body.
S/he shall be subject to all relevant statutory requirements as detailed in the most recent School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document.
The postholder may be required to perform any other reasonable tasks after consultation.
This job description allocates duties and responsibilities but does not direct the particular amount of time to be spent on carrying them out and no part of it may be so constructed.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed at least once a year and it may be subject to modification at any time after consultation with the postholder.
All staff participate in the school’s performance management scheme.
By engaging in this recruitment process, shortlisted candidates consent to an online search in line with the Keeping Children Safe in Education Statutory Guidance 2022.
School Visit: Friday 31 March at 3.30pm (not essential but recommended) Please email the school if you wish to attend the visit on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 14 April at Noon
Shortlisting date: Monday 17 April 2023
Lesson Observation dates: To be arranged
Interview date: Friday 28 April 2023
An application form, Job Description and Person Specification are available to download from the school website: https://stluke.knowsley.sch.uk/about-us/job-vacancies
Completed applications should be returned via email to: email@example.com