Adults Senior Social Worker
The salary range for this roles is £41,127 - £45,519 per annum based on a 36 hour working week.
At Surrey, we are proud to be leading the way in implementing new ways of working in personalisation and a recovery-focused strength-based approach.
Our goal is for our service-users to be able to be more in control of their care, making informed choices and being active citizens in their community.
We currently have one Senior Social Worker permanent opportunity in Epsom and Ewell Locality team.
What we can offer you
- Annual Leave - with the opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional annual leave
- Agile working opportunities - your work/life balance is important to us!
- Training and Development - Superb opportunities for development including a Readiness Programme, Preceptorship, Structured Induction Programme
- A supportive, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information.
In your application, we would love to hear about your;
- Professional qualification in Social Work and current registration with Social Work England
- Successful completion of an Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) programme if qualified as a social worker after June 2012
- Experience of providing professional supervision (can include unqualified and non-professional supervision)
- Working knowledge of Care Act legislation including experience in preparation of support plans, monitoring and reviewing outcomes
- Commitment to your own professional development
About the role
Epsom and Ewell Locality team are a dynamic team offering the very best service to our residents in Epsom and Ewell. We are centrally located making visits easy and of course we have a fabulous shopping centre for lunchtimes! Being so close to the London borders we have excellent transport links to and from London.
Epsom and Ewell Locality have close links with our acute hospital team and work with two other localities in the Mid area. We are co-located with our District and Borough Council and voluntary organisations, and together with community health colleagues, we provide advice, care and support to adults and their carers across the area.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 05/04/2023.
Interviews will take place on 14/04/2023.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Suzannah Townsend on 01372 832360.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.