Community Centre Attendant
Salary: Band 4 - £21,205 - £22,437 pro rata (£11,462 - £12,128 p.a.)
20 hours per week
To be worked on a rota covering Monday - Saturday (over days, evenings & weekends)
What is the role?
This role will form part of a team and be required to make a substantial contribution to the smooth running of the Community Centre. The post holder will provide the reception service at the centre and be required to adhere to PCC policies and procedures.
The role will be required to:
- Provide administrative support for the day to day running of the office, including taking bookings, record keeping, dealing with customer enquiries, handling cash and distribution of the post
- Provide rota cover during the Community Centre opening hours, including evenings and weekends when required.
- Ensure the Community Centre customers adheres to the PCC safeguarding policy
- Process payment of invoices in accordance with the financial rules.
- Be a key holder responsible for locking and unlocking when on rota.
- Provide cover or work from either Paulsgrove Community Centre or Cosham Community Centre
Who is the person?
You will need to have:
- Experience of office procedures and administrative systems.
- A professional manner in communicating, verbally and in writing
- IT skills at the level required to fill the role. (Word / excel / databases)
- Experience of working in the community
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Participate in training as required
- Participate in regular support and supervision sessions with your line
- An awareness of health & safety issues
- A recognised First Aid certificate ( or willingness to train for qualification)
- A commitment to equality of opportunity
- Flexibility to work additional hours to cover staff absence through leave, training or sickness as required. (Some evening and occasional weekend working may be required)
Closing date 4th April 2023, however we will be shortlisting & interviewing for this post as & when throughout the advertising period
Please see the benefits of working for Portsmouth City Council here
When completing the application form, please thoroughly tailor your application to the 'Who is the Person' points with the use of examples from your experience and attach this as a cover letter in the Supporting Documents section. This is really important or you are likely not to be shortlisted. Please see the full job profile here.
We are a disability confident employer - committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible and welcome applications from all areas of society.
We really appreciate our employees and fully realise they are essential to our success and look to offer an inclusive, supportive working environment where employees can reach their potentials with a healthy work life balance, offering the following rewards:
- A generous pension scheme
- Up to 31 days annual leave per year + bank holidays
- A range of retail discounts via our reward portal offering discounts at retailers including IKEA, Currys, Tesco
- Free Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and wellbeing support
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities including apprenticeships
- Potential to purchase additional annual leave
- Business travel support and initiatives, including bike loans