About the Role
This is a great opportunity to start your finance career in local government. You’ll be working in a busy team helping to maintain the Council’s financial records and systems.
Duties will include
• Entering data into financial systems, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and income management
• Retrieving financial data and routine checking and updating of financial systems, investigating data queries and producing reconciliations
• General office duties including raising orders, responding to telephone enquiries and assisting senior colleagues
About the Person
• Strong Microsoft Office application skills including Word and Excel
• Accurate typing and keyboard skills
• Experience of working towards/meeting deadlines
• Good self-organisation skills
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave, and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Interviews scheduled for week commencing: 27 March 2023
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.