Are you an excellent Recruiter with the ability to develop long standing relationships? Are you passionate about delivering resourcing outcomes and supporting organisations to find the best talent? Are you looking to work for an organisation where you can really make a difference?
Now is a really exciting time to join us. We're working towards our vision of "An outstanding team, creating a centre of excellence for attracting, identifying, recruiting, and on-boarding talent" We are expanding our team during 2023 and would be keen to hear from you to join our talent bank.
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do. Upon joining us you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- an excellent local government pension scheme
- generous holiday entitlement of 26 days (plus opportunity to buy additional leave)
- a range of flexible working options, depending on your job role
- maternity, paternity, dependency and adoption leave
- volunteering opportunities
- training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- a range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers; groceries, travel, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities, high street retailers and the opportunity to save over £1,000 a year through our West Sussex Choices benefits platform (see ourStaff discounts page if you are a business looking to offer a discount)
- health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
What You Will Be Doing
- Delivering excellence in the end-to-end resourcing process, this will include working with the service to identify requirements, plan and build a sourcing strategy to ensure that you can attract and source the strongest candidates available
- Working directly with Hiring Managers and the service to help develop their understanding and capability of carrying a resourcing campaign and you will provide industry insights and expertise in the sourcing and screening of candidates.
- Recruiting and networking with potential candidates including social media platforms, networking events and job fairs. You will also work closely with management on all diversity initiatives involving recruitment to ensure fairness in hiring practices.
- Providing pro-active and specialist advice on recruitment & selection issues, demonstrating a solution focused approach to business recruitment requirements and challenges
- Managing and delivering complex recruitment and selection projects/campaigns within agreed timescales, budget and to customer satisfaction
- Working alongside the Resourcing Officers you will help ensure we deliver first class onboarding for new hires and that all necessary paperwork is completed promptly and accurately
- Collaborating with Human Resources colleagues and the Service to have a full-scale understanding of hiring needs and workforce planning, including projects across the services you support.
- Have a proven track record of delivering end to end recruitment activity within an in-house or RPO environment
- Demonstrable skills of managing and improving the customer journey throughout the recruitment process.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal credibly with our customers, senior managers and executives whilst being challenging, professional and commercially focused.
- Have demonstrable experience of delivering continuous improvement around recruitment activities.
For more information on the Key Skills as well as the Qualifications and/or experience required, please refer to the Job Description attached.
The reference number for this role is CRS00691.
For an informal conversation or further information regarding the role, for the role please contact Karin Gibbs-Warne (Resourcing Manager) at karin.gibbs-or Ben Siou at .
To apply, upload your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and skills as well as your motivations for applying. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please visit our website.