Social Worker (Children in Care Team) Full time
West Berkshire’s, Children In Care Team is looking to recruit a Social Worker to join their dedicated team.
The Children in Care Team works on behalf of children who are in the care of West Berkshire with a Care Plan that identifies the need for long term care provide by the Local Authority. We require a Social Worker who is dynamic, dedicated and with at least 2 years post qualifying experience. You will be organised, highly motivated and skilled in communicating with children and young people.
You will hold a case load of children and young people aged between 0 – 16yrs and will need to be committed to improving outcomes for those children educationally and emotionally. You will be required to fulfil the statutory duties for children who are subject to a Care Order or S20 CA 1989. This post requires someone with good emotional literacy and an attention to detail as you will be also be completing life journey work & working directly with children and young people who have experienced trauma. You will be required to review and at times supervise or support family time between our children and their birth families as well all general case management duties.
This is a permanent post and the role will involve driving and transporting children so owning your own vehicle is essential. Out of hours working is often necessary.
We are based in our Market Street, Newbury. You will be part of a supportive and friendly team. You will receive regular supervision, peer support and have access to good quality training.
In addition, you will receive:
- A market supplement of £6000 per annum
- Flexible Working: West Berkshire has adopted a Hybrid Working Policy, which allows employees to split their time between attending the workplace and working remotely
- Free Parking
- Social Work England registration fees reimbursed
- Dedicated employee wellbeing service
- Regular and high quality reflective supervision.
- Approachable and visible senior leadership
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave allowance, plus an additional 5 days leave after 5 years continuous local authority service
- Staff benefits and discount scheme
- Relocation package of up to £8000 for individuals moving from outside a 30 mile radius (subject to eligibility)
- Blue Light card fees reimbursed
Please contact Finnuala (Finn) on 07775 825810 for an informal chat about this role.