Cleaning Operative x2
Driving Licence Required
It’s an exciting time for our Building Cleaning Team, we are looking for a responsible, reliable person with a full UK driving license to undertake the duties of cleaning operative. You will have a friendly approach to residents and staff, and you will help to make the scheme a positive place for residents to live.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the role
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene within Reading Borough Council properties in accordance with service and/or client specifications, to ensure and provide a clean, safe and hygienic environment, to help ensure an effective and efficient operation of cleaning services.
- To provide the highest level of cleaning service as instructed by Cleaning Operative Supervisor in line with the service and/or client specifications and maintain the standards.
- To provide a range of general cleaning services to a wide range of facilities, including toilets, offices, meeting rooms and housing stocks etc by washing, mopping, dusting, polishing, vacuum cleaning and sweeping, as appropriate.
- To follow all relevant Health & Safety rules and guidelines, e.g. wearing protective clothing in accordance with COSHH.
- To report maintenance issues promptly to Cleaning Operative Supervisor.
- To maintain an adequate stock of consumables in washrooms and breakout areas.
- To participate in staff meetings.
- To participate in training activities essential and appropriate to the role.
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place. Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
Drive Efficiency - show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
Be Ambitious - be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
Make a Difference to Reading - maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time keeping.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work schedules.
- Good communication skills.
- Be flexible to support other functions.
- Be organised and to demonstrate ownership of issues and follow through.
- Ability to form positive relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to promote harmonious working relationships by recognising that everyone has a contribution to make.
- Ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence through the medium of English
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
To arrange a confidential discussion on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 19th March 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.