Quality Assurance and Market Support Officer
Salary: £32,020 - £34,723
Work Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Chichester or Worthing with hybrid working opportunities to be discussed at interview as well as regular travel through West Sussex
Close Date: 21/03/23
You will be shortlisted on your response to the key skills listed in your Cover Letter
As a Quality Assurance & Market Support Officer working across Adults Social Care, you will be part of the team that will ensure that good quality, affordable care is available for all our residents across the county. Working proactively with the existing and emerging suppliers, you will quickly establish, develop and maintain good working relationships with the adult social care market which ensure services are responsive to demand and are of good quality.
You'll need to be able to travel independently to visit sites/venues, some in remote locations, attend external meetings and work in locations across the county & flexible to work beyond working times on occasion.
- Excellent literacy and advanced analytical skills to understand complex written information (e.g. specialist policies, legislation and complex contracts/assessments) and develop practical, effective solutions. In addition to interpreting and manipulating varied and complex project information in relation to services/programmes and contracts and to checking statistical information and other documents
- Ability to plan own work over the medium term, setting timescales and organising activities to deliver to deadlines, including reviewing delivery and effectiveness of activities and service delivery. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions to respond to emergency situations, along with ability to concentrate for longer periods of time when undertaking analysis and report writing
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work within a relationship-based approach with independent providers, Adult Services teams, and other key stakeholders. Including the ability to persuade, advise, and explain technical information sometimes as part of complex or contentious issues, as well as design, coordinate and facilitate events or sessions with stakeholders and potential future workforce candidates
- Ability to make sound pragmatic problem-solving decisions, which will have a wider service impact. Including the ability to provide specialist guidance and resolve complex technical issues
- Effective people management skills and the ability to influence and provide direction and support to individuals and teams
- Ability to work within a confined budgetary resource, ensuring best use of public funds to support and drive positive improvement in the care workforce. Ability to support budget management by recording and reporting against budgets, grants and funds and support external providers with information on funding available through various sources
- Degree/equivalent qualification or experience demonstrating applied knowledge in quality assurance and market support
- Theoretical or organisational knowledge, across WSCC and other partners, of systems, procedures and policies associated with providing a professional lead on complex issues
- Knowledge & understanding of local government adults social care services
- Experience of working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment and understanding of working within a social care setting
- Experience contributing to the development of business cases to assist in achieving improvements in service or business process improvement
- Experience providing professional/specialist advice on quality assurance and compliance and or developing and implementing projects
- Supporting and developing the skills of colleagues within commissioning related to the field of quality assurance and market support
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary setting
- IT knowledge in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and use of the internet and other web-based applications for word processing, analysis and research of data, and creating electronic presentations
- A UK Driving licence is desirable as you will be required to travel frequently to sites/locations that may not be accessible by public transport
Reference number for role - CAFHE04341
For an informal conversation or further information please contact for issues applying contact
To apply, upload your CV and upload a cover letter explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.