Performance and Improvement Officer
Are you someone who has a passion for the environment and recycling, enjoys working in the great outdoors and interacting with the public? Then this could be the job for you!
About the role:
Public education and engagement are fundamental to the Lincolnshire Waste Partnership (LWP) being able to successfully deliver its objectives through working effectively with the people of Lincolnshire in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are looking for someone to join our team to help us build on the successes to date and make a real difference.
One of the key objectives is to help improve the quality of waste and reduce the contamination in the recycling waste stream.
The Recycling Performance and Improvement Officer will be required to travel around Lincolnshire working alongside each Local Authority's collection crews, engaging and educating face to face with residents of the County to help improve waste collection and disposal. So you are going to need a driving license and access to a vehicle, (expenses will be paid).
As part of the Education and Engagement Plan, the post holder will be required to attend community groups/events and primary schools giving presentations and workshops on waste minimisation, promoting 'Right Thing Right Bin' key messages.
The ideal candidate will:
- have experience in public engagement and exhibit resilience and tolerance
- have excellent communication skills at all levels with the ability to form positive relationships quickly
- be flexible regarding hours of work as early starts will be required during peak times
- have good negotiation and influencing skills to promote behaviour change
- be able to demonstrate the ability to manage challenging and sometimes conflicting situations with members of the public in a calm pragmatic and professional manner
- you will be a confident public speaker with the ability to communicate information clearly and concisely and focus on LWP objectives
About Our Offer
Along with a competitive salary we are offering:
- A Contributory pension
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes and cycle to work
- Flexible working policies
- Career progression opportunities
- A generous annual leave entitlement plus the option to buy more
Further details can be found in our rewards and benefits brochure
If this sounds like the role for you, then please read through the full Job Description, before clicking apply! If you would like to know more about Lincolnshire County Council and our current vacancies then click on over to www.lincolnshire.gov.uk.
PLEASE NOTE: It is imperative that your covering letter/personal statement clearly states why you have applied, how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role as set out in the Job Description (attached on LCC jobs Site) and what you feel you can bring to this role, the team and the wider County Council.
Applications will close on 19/03/23 and interviews will take place 30/03/23
For a confidential and informal discussion about the role please contact:
Becky Shinn via email email@example.com
Best of luck with your application